Saturday 29 August 2009

Competition Update! and ListFail.

Yeah, I know, I'm running really behind on announcing winners. Mid-next week it'll be, sorry. Turns out packing is as time-consuming etc at the end of the holiday too.

In the meantime, some nice FailLists I wrote, just for lols. Disappointed I didn't receive any of these, I'd have been very proud. lol.


Fail Guard:

HQ:

CCS;
Master of Ordnance, Nork Deddog, Kell, Kenan (counts as Creed) - 365

ELITES:

Ogyrn Squad:
9 Ogyrns + Bone'Ead - 410

Ogyrn Squad:
9 Ogyrns + Bone'Ead - 410


TROOPS:

Penal Legion Squad - 80

Penal Legion Squad - 80


FAST ATTACK:

5 Rough Riders:
+ Mogul Kamir - 95

5 Rough Riders - 55

TOTAL : 1495


CHAOS FAIL:

Ahriman - 250

11 Possessed;
Champion, IoCG, Rhino (Daemonic Possession) - 356

Thousand Sons Squad:
4 TSons, Sorceror; Warptime, Melta Bombs, Personal Icon. - 187

Thousand Sons Squad:
4 TSons, Sorceror; Warptime, Melta Bombs, Personal Icon. - 187

20 Raptors:
IoT, 2 Plasma Guns, Champ; Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon. - 515


NECRON FAIL:

Nightbringer - 360

10 Pariahs - 360

10 Warriors:
Disruption pods - 200

10 Warriors - 180

Wraith - 41

Wraith - 41

Wraith Squad:
2 Wraiths - 82

Monolith - 235

24 'Necron's, so phase out at 8 remaining. LMAO.


FAIL MARINES:

Calgar - 250
NOTE - Yeah, In POWER armour. lols.

Captain -
Artificier Armour, Melta Bombs, Digital Weapons, Hellfire Rounds, Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Jump Pack, 2x Storm Shield. - 210

Techmarine:
Stormbolter, Thunder Hammer, Space Marine Bike. - 118

Servitor Squad:
+4 Servitors. - 70

Tactical Squad:
10 Tacticals, Plasma Gun, Lascannon, Serg; Teleport Homer, Melta Bombs, 2 Power Fists.

Tactical Squad:
10 Tacticals, Plasma Gun, Lascannon, Serg; Teleport Homer, Melta Bombs, 2 Power Fists.

Devastator Squad:
10 Devastators, Rhino (Extra Armour, Dozer Blade, Sergeant Chronus), Sergeant; Melta Bombs, 2 Plasma Pistols. - 310

TOTAL : 1498

And finally, FailDar:

Baharroth - 200

Farseer:
Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones, Eldar Jet Bike, Eldritch Storm. - 140

3 Wraithguard:
Warlock; Embolden, Spiritseer, Eldar Jetbike - 158

3 Wraithguard:
Warlock; Embolden, Spiritseer, Eldar Jetbike - 158

3 Guardian Jetbikes - 66

3 Guardian Jetbikes - 66

10 Swooping Hawks:
Exarch; Skyleap, Power Weapon, Sunrifle. - 262

Vyper Squadron:
3 Vypers (identical); Starcannon, Vectored Engines, Star Engines, Spirit Stones, Holo-Field. - 450 (!!!!)

TOTAL: 1500!

6 comments:

Raptor1313 said...

Your Fail-Dar example is EXACTLY why I advise no one to ever give a Vyper a non-gun upgrade.

They're maybe a little pricy as-is for just a double shuriken cannon model (at 60 points. Compare to a marine landspeeder at 70 that's not open-topped, but is packing a nasty anti-infantry and anti-tank gun with the MM/HF).

But, but! It's UNREAL that you can get one of those to cost 150 points. It's STILL AV10 open-topped all around, and might fire one or two guns at BS3.

I'm not sure about a 20-strong Raptor squad being fail. I mean, a power fist in there in lieu of the weapon? Especially if you slapped a Nurgle icon in there? Wonky, but people WILL watch it.

Not so much the possessed, but still.

I think Ogryn are auto-fail, and 10 of them...well, might almost get across the table and do something. Not much mind you, but maybe something.

I'm curious to see how everyone else attempted Fail.

TheKing Elessar said...

LOLS. I had a lot of fun writing those.
Not sure if Chronus lone Rhino or JetLock in WG squads is my favourite.

Either way, awesome Fail on those.

20 Raptors could well be a scary unit, but not at 20 points a man. 400 points + Champ and upgrades = CostFail.

:)

Unknown said...

I suspect you've seen these lists on the interwebs and possibly saving embarrassment! lol.

Any hoo, why would you take 3 x storm shields? You only get a 3+* from taking one, they don't give any combat advantages.

TheKing Elessar said...

That's the point Mercer. I can take a Storm Shield in each hand, that would be crap, so I do. lol

I've seen really bad ones, but these were all Copyright TKE 2009 - train from Glasgow-Stranraer very very dull. :)

Anonymous said...

LMAO! The best bits were the SS x2 and the vypers.

TheKing Elessar said...

Thank you - although if this was the oldest thing you haven't read, Gerbil, then frankly I think you've done me a disservice, seeing as how this dates from September.

Unless, of course, you spent a significant time on holiday/off the Blogosphere/thinking because I'd gone AWOL that I was dead, or whatevs. Although, thinking I was dead would surely make me posts collectors pieces?

Maybe not. ;)

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?