Wednesday 31 March 2010

This week so far...

I know, I know.  No Community Post of the Day for 2 days, huh?  Well, I don't care.  lol.

Nah, I do, but I've been pretty busy, and I figured I could let it slide given the Special Editions I did last week.  As ever, I'll happily accept any emailed suggestions of contenders for the prestigious No-Prize I award with said recognition.  Hopefully I'll spot something I have to link you guys to tomorrow.  (Today - Wednesday, really...but it doesn't count until I've slept.)

Gaming - I was awful today.  I nearly scraped a draw against Chris' IG (screw you Chris! :p) despite cocking up bigtime, and playing my SM as though they were Eldar.  He fully deserved the win, even if that lone Guardsman Captain did make about 12 Cover Saves to deny me the draw.  When we get a rematch, let's not play at 1k, huh?  It gives you an unfair advantage, my dice clearly don't like that points level.  Or my deployment ability... ;)

Especially since I then went on to get virtually tabled by 1k of Daemons.  Again, luck was important (Turn 2, LoC arrives, uses Bolt, dead Rifleman.  Turn 3, Horrors arrive, Bolt, dead Rhino, LoC charges and munches other Rifleman.  Grrr!  2 Bolts, 2 dead vehicles? That's not how averages work! lol) but I didn't do enough to earn the win, and he did.  Next time I play my Marines I'd better remember Combat Tactics, and not to try and use Speeders like Dragon Serpents.  And Rhinos like Falcons.  Sigh.  Out of practice = good post game analysis.

In unrelated news, I bought Gears of War preowned, and bought Dark Void too, because it was brand new only £12.70, and a friend thinks it's a blast, if not exactly a great game.  I haven't played either, because of intermittent power cuts all night.  Fucking weather.

The only model I need for my FoB army is now a TRermie Libby...but I don't want the £12 metal one, I want to convert a plastic one.  Anyone with any ideas, please share.  Already I've considered DA hooded head for Psychic Hood, and there's a book could go on a Shoulder.  In fairness, as I think about it now, that annoys me.  The fluff clearly states that they wouldn't defile the armour by obscuring the Crux Terminatus...yet they also wouldn't obscure the Chapter Badge!

Stupid inconsistencies from GW for the sake of looking cool.  It's like the Ven Dread, where a bunch of the battles listed on those armour plates aren't in chronological order, or when Eavy Metal models have the Chapter Insignia painted on the wrong shoulder pad...

10 comments:

Chumbalaya said...

I have the Libby from Space Hulk, so nyah nyah.

Gears is badass, get Live, give me your tag and we will roll on some bitches (or just get repeatedly sodomized with chainsaws, haven't played original Gears in a while).

Also, Daemon reviews are always good to read about and receive awards for. You know, if anybody posted something like that...

Zenos said...

Ideas for your librarian....

Go really old school and get a nice GK termie RT edition. Will cost you... but children will go ooooohhhh ahhhhhhhhh and old timers like me will nod and grunt and you get 5 points of respect and maybe a free invite to the pub to get in on the IN MY DAY.... routine.

Space Crusade Lib was a nice figure from memory or was it Space Hulk? Thats plastic and I am sure you can find one easily enough.


If that fails, go the old termie RT inq figure that was on the cover of the Ian Watson Inq novel... painted in red... he has a combi wpn and comes with bionic leg and hood. Their was another figure who was pre-hooded from memory too... but alas my mind is old.

On a plastic note, you could do a reg SM termie, go assualt of course with a nasty hammer.... then use the pointing arm? from the SM comman squad sprue with a nice Inq stlye pad for the shoulder. It will look like he is casting a power. You could also for the other arm, cut the SB out, get a nice stick, and put some spare Chimera Aquilas or SM Command Squad banner top on the end of it, and wacko you have a Force Rod/Staff/weapon, with some spagehtti wire will look alright.

If your really stuck for an idea and go mental, get a chaos warhammer dwarf and put it on the table and scream
THATS MY TERMINATOR LIBRARIAN AND IF YOU SAY ITS NOT I WILL SMASH YOUR FACE. That sometimes works too.

Cheers.

Lexi.

TheKing Elessar said...

Well, the Hulk one is too clearly a Bangle, and I don't wanna deface him with a file.

As regards those hilarious suggestions, Lexi...Brilliant. Warhammer Dwarf it is, I have a pile lying around.

Chumby, you can be post of today, you big internets whore.

Unknown said...

You looked on e-bay for a libby from Space Hulk?

Also Gears? You're a bit behind lad, Gears 2 is far better. However you do need to play the first as some jokes and references from the first game are in the second one.

TheKing Elessar said...

Yeah, I never played it 1st time around, like Mass Effect or Bioshock (or any CoD, in fact) and am trying to catch up. While I wasn't blogging, I was spending a lot of time on the 360.

Now I'm trying to balance the two, but still paint...without having more free time to do it all in. Let's see if it works...

As for an eBay Hulk Libby? Hmm. No, I only looked for the metal ones on eBay. That's a good idea, I could convert the hell out of him then! :)

Chumbalaya said...

Online co-op ftw TKE, you know you want to.

ItsPug said...

Surely you mean my 850 point guard army? The Banewolf can hardly count lol.

Pick a points value and I'll bring it down when I'm next in Belfast, I only said 1000 cause I want to try out lists for Q-Con. But give me some advance warning as I don't want to carry 300 guardsmen around with me all the time ;-)

Oh and "Screw you" too TKE!

TheKing Elessar said...

lol

I need the practice at 1k, with Marines (clearly...)

If I go up tomorrow (likely) then I am gonig to try and paly some scrubs, just to get into the swing of winning, and build up from there. There'll be no fun in it, but I need to win a few times to get the mindset right, and even a win would feel like a loss against some of the kids that'll be there over Easter. It's a shame we didn't play BA kid though, I think I had enough in the tank to trounce him, and you certainly did, lol.

You also changed my mind a bit - before the game I was thinking Hydras in place of those LRBTs, but the LR were excellent for you, keeping me hemmed in afraid of S8 Ordnance, especially into my Dreads. lol

And Chumby:

I'd love to, but my wireless isn't working, and wired connection is sadly far too impractical with this house set-up. :(

What I need is one of those funky mains=webline doodads, but they cost £70 and that's equivalent to 3 1/2 Razorbacks...I know which will be better value! Or do I...

I dunno...I'll do it, but I've a few things to pay fro first, primarily accommodation in Edinburgh for August. Trust me, I'll let you know when it happens! :)

Feel free to add me if you like, it's THEKingElessar - THE because apparently The was taken :( And I'm the original and best. ;)

Slate_Blank said...

A couple termie libbies with ideas of how he built them. I prefer the 2nd...

http://fromthewarp.blogspot.com/search/label/codexlibrarian

http://fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2009/05/terminator-librarian-finished.html

TheKing Elessar said...

Much obliged sir! :D

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?