Wednesday 7 April 2010

Community Service Announcement!

New layout-ish.  Decided the links section was just unwieldy, and far too long, so I trimmed it's ass.  Too compensate, I have added a BlogRoll element down the right, and moved the list to the left - essentially, the list down the right is the Blogs I follow, the list on the left is blogs I recommend, or other links.


Neither is truly a definitive list, the Blog Roll is limited to 25 at a time, based on most recent update, because I follow 75 Blogs, and it's stupid looking when I have them all up.  At this juncture, I'd like to note that some of you I don't follow, for whatever reason (ignorance, mostly :O) so please comment here if I should follow you.  While I won't promise anything, I'm pretty much guaranteed to add you to the list, let's be realistic here.

Also, if I've accidentally culled you from the right, or you feel you warrant a place on that list, don't hesitate to let me know, and I'll get to it.

Okay, apart from that, still to come this week: [hopefully...you know what I'm like!]

BA Mechanised List - RazorSpam
BA Mechanised List - Rhinos
BA Mechanised List - Hybrid?
BA Chaos Conversion: Part One
Blood Angels Codex Review Part One
Footdar - How to Fail Less

and, very hopefully, part one of a series I hope to call 'Good Idea, Bad Idea.'

In other news, I evicted 2 of the former Blog Authors, and am, while not looking for fellow MW authors explicitly, open to applications, should they be forthcoming.  I am always interested in the views of others (how else could I know you are wrong? :p) and it can be daunting starting your own Blog, and not feeling like you have the momentum to contribute, despite thinking you have stuff to say.  Guest submissions would also be considered, if not looking for an authorship, but a place to vent, or a new audience.

Finally, any of you interested in 90's masterpiece Necromunda (any game that helped spawn GorkaMorka is a masterpiece, natch!) GWvsJohn, co-author of 3++ Is the New Black, is planning to run a campaign on Vassal.  Those of you who are interested should pop over, check the detail, etc, or just email him at  tjbalt@gmail.com for more info.  Rules for Necro can apparently be found on the GW site - I'll edit this sentence when I finally get around to downloading, and put in a link.  Anyone who wants to email me a link to a replacement V40k download would not be shopped to GW.  :)


PS - Daily Community Post is going on hiatus, until I get through all that other crap.  As a result, please check out http://chaosgerbil.wordpress.com as I told him I'd put him in the series, and that might not actually happen now.  Thanks! :D 

10 comments:

Big Jim said...

I'm liking the new layout. I really wish I had time to comment regularly, but I have really been enjoying the Daily Community posts. Plus you commentary on the Space Vampires is quite interesting too.

-Jim

TheKing Elessar said...

Thanks Big Jim, it's nice to know that people are enjoying what I'm doing!

To be honest, I enjoy searching out gems to polish and present to you all in the DCPoNs - but it's kinda a crutch too. It's very easy to queue a few up and sit back and relax, spending most of my time commenting on others' Blogs rather than here. Well...mostly YTTH, let's be honest. lol

As for the Space Vampires, I thoroughly enjoy writing Army List posts in that fashion - especially since I'm about 3 steps ahead of my typing, but have to try and slow down in order to not skip too many steps. It still happens, it's unavoidable...but I think I do a decent job. :)

Chumbalaya said...

Kewl beans

Unknown said...

Looking more streamlined, less cluttered and more friendly King - big improvement.

I do not like that disclaimer at the bottom however. Change the font to match the blogs over all one and make the front smaller.

Also the community info thing at the bottom you cannot see it all and perhaps best placed else where.

Unknown said...

I'm not saying lose it but just relocate it so it can be seen better. At the moment on my screen it goes off the centre column. It says 47 M...I guess 47 members.

Unknown said...

48 Mercer, 48.

I was so excited to see the blog-roll and not have to look at the New Obama...then I looked left *sighs*. Hope GWvsJohn's Necromunda thing gets off, he's been trying to start it for ages :P.

The new layout looks good, though I think you have far too many labels :P.

TastyTaste said...

Diggin the Layout.

TheKing Elessar said...

Thanks! :)

I'm thinking you may be correct about the labels, but I have a solution in mind. ;)

...Sadly, it has to wait until the BA Review is dealt with.

Corwin said...

Hi,
Here's a link to the Necromunda resource page on the Games Workshop website. It has the rulbeook and various rosters.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat1290323&categoryId=1100011&section=&aId=5300010

TheKing Elessar said...

Thanks very much Corwin! :)

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?