Sunday 4 April 2010

Exciting stuff...

I've just discovered that the rather limited cadre of competitive players I play with may be in-line for some expanding...hmm.  This is good news since Mike got a job at GW and forgot what good units are, and Nick left...The interesting discovery that apparently there is an independent all-Irish Ranking system, to rank players over the course of time (akin to a CCG - ie, a PROPER system!!!) is nice...I'm going to have to learn to rive, and find a way to make money whilst quitting my job that involves working every weekend...while stile making enough money to buy a car etc.  Hmmm.

Well, I'm still going to Edinburgh, but this just gets complicateder and complicateder.  My dream of travelling the country playing with toy soldiers looks more likely and possible than ever, but financially it's...difficult...to say the least.  Plus, what if these guys aren't actually that competitive?  I'll have to check their lists, I suppose, and get talking to them.  Here's hoping they don't let me down! lol

;)

6 comments:

Zenos said...

All Irish ranking system? Does it involve drinking and kicking people? I jest...

You should make your way down under, I am sure Winter and I could give you a run for your money...
Plus its a much better location, tropical, cold beer, women who have all their teeth etc etc.

Chumbalaya said...

Competitive Bar Brawls? I'd like to see that, reminds me of Discworld.

TheKing Elessar said...

Someday I will travel the world with nothing but a change of underwear, a wallet full of cash, and a crapload of toy soldiers.

In the meantime, I have a bunch of UK people to visit first. lol

Seeing if I can squeeze my way into the ETC though, that's an aim that I can gun for this year. :)

Cyklown said...

As long as the actual set-up doesn't suck you don't really need to worry about them being uncompetitive. Just... crush. Crush wholeheartedly. The ranking may not mean as much until you've crushed them enough, but anyone interested in a competitive environment will learn.

TheKing Elessar said...

Crushing is good. :D

Anthony Yeates said...

Crush is a pretty good game too!

I wish my local crowd were a bit more competitive. They cry cheese at a footdar army with two wraithlords. =(. Good luck finding some true competion TKE!

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?