Friday 6 August 2010

Blogger, you're pissing me off.

Some of you will notice a new post from me came up, looked crap, and disappeared half an hour later.

Despite my best efforts to reformat the text, by copy-pasting into various format, and physically inserting returns and various spaces, I could simply not get the bloody thing to behave.

As a result, the article 'Tyler, and the Return to Bangleonia' will have to retyped, from scratch.  Well, not 'from scratch' but 'by me, retyping every word into a new window, and HOPING that it doesn't cock up again.'

As a result, it (alas) will be delayed a day or two, while I get on with it...I admit, I'm very annoyed indeed - I hoped to let this post, go to bed, wake up and go on fucking holiday - but no such luck.  Well, I'm still going on holiday - but I can't go to sleep with this 4% redone - it need to be at least 10%, and that takes time.

Unless the retype (and this post) fanny about as well, in which case I will just repost the BS, and, sorry, but you'll have to fight through it yourselves.

Fingers crossed, eh?  :(

Oh, and Blogger?  Join Jervis in the corner.

7 comments:

TheKing Elessar said...

Fine now you bastard. Typical.

Commissar Ploss said...

I've just moved over to blogger and have been having some issues myself. Nothing i haven't been able to figure out, but still some cock-tastic issues. If you'd like to see how i've been getting on, head over to http://www.thefoundingfields.com/

TheKing Elessar said...

Ooops! I forgot to replace your link after your move CP... :O

Sorry! I'll do it soon...

Unknown said...

I luckily got to see the post before it got eaten by the terrible interwebz.

I believe this is what you advised me to do:

Librarian 125
Jump Pack

Honour Guard 225
Jump Packs
3 Meltas
2 Flamers
Storm Shield

Librarian 125
Jump Pack

Honour Guard 205
Jump Packs
3 Meltas
2 Flamers

Sanguinary Priest 75
Jump Pack

Sanguinary Priest 75
Jump Pack

10 Assault Marines 250
2 Meltas
Infernus Pistol/Powerfist

10 Assault Marines 250
2 Meltas
Infernus Pistol/Powerfist

10 Assault Marines 250
2 Meltas
Infernus Pistol/Powerfist

5 Vanguard Veterans 210
Thunderhammer
2 Stormshields

5 Vanguard Veterans 210
Sarge w/ Thunderhammer
2 Stormshields


5 Vanguard Veterans 210
Sarge w/ Thunderhammer
2 Stormshields

2000

I believe that you had 3 sanguinary priests orginally, but only paid 150 for them, which led you to believe you could drop on to pick up a couple of stormshields on the honour guard (which would be really nice, tbh), but alas, if I did my math right above, then there is no way to fit that in.

But you also thought that 205x2 plus 210x2= 850. Which it doesn't, it's only 830, so I can pick up 1 storm shield, as you can see above.

Is this basically where you where you were trying to push the list to?

Unknown said...

It can be a funny fuck sometimes, I've had problem with formating when putting pics in.

What was up with yours, not leaving spaces?

TheKing Elessar said...

Yeah, it took out spaces and especially returns. Looked horrible.

Tyler, you've got a squad too many of VV, but yeah. I hadn't realised that the HG & VV weren't expensive enough, cos I did that one on the walk home, added it up right, memorised the equipment...then forgot the total cost when I got to type it, and didn't redo the maths. Pretty sloppy...though not paying for the Priests' Jump packs somehow is worse. lol

In the end I figured 4 Chalices was clearly enough though, that list is pretty much spot on.

ItsPug said...

I had the same problem, I just thought I was shit at blogging :(

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?