Tuesday 23 November 2010

Well now.

The Tau vs Space Marines game is over now, everything packed away, and I am home and eating some rather good pasta with cheese sauce (not Macaroni Cheese.)

Von, you'll be interested to know that I took your kind words to heart, and will now produce a series entitled 'The Basics' in which I attempt to replicate the feeling where you felt those words important enough to immortalise, every time.  lol

Stormy, YOU will be very interested to know I managed to squeeze 15 Suits of various configurations into the list, in what I see as a definitive improvement (though nowhere near a finished article, yet.)  Also, in case I can be bothered converting it, what are the chances of me being allowed to run a converted army of Orks as Tau? Killa Kans + Stormboy packs/Kopta blades for Suits, etc etc...??  lol.



I AM serious though.

Moving on, I will now post the Army Lists for the game:

Master of the Forge:
Conversion Beamer - 120

5 Scouts:
Telion, Missile Launcher, 3 Sniper Rifles - 135

10 Tactical Marines:
Rhino [Dozer Blade] Multi-Melta, Flamer - 210


10 Tactical Marines:
Rhino [Dozer Blade] Multi-Melta, Flamer - 210

10 Tactical Marines:
Rhino [Dozer Blade] Multi-Melta, Flamer - 210

Dreadnought:
Multi-Melta - 105

Dreadnought:
Multi-Melta - 105

Dreadnought:
Multi-Melta - 105


2 Land Speeders:
MM/HF - 140

2 Land Speeders:
MM/HF - 140

Predator:
Autocannon, Heavy Bolters - 85

Predator:
Autocannon, Heavy Bolters - 85

Predator:
Autocannon, Heavy Bolters - 85

vs.

Shas'El:
Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi-Tracker - 87

Shas'El:
Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi-Tracker - 87

3 Crisis Suits:
(3x)Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi-Tracker - 186


3 Crisis Suits:
(3x)Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi-Tracker - 186

3 Crisis Suits:
(3x)Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi-Tracker - 186

6 Fire Warriors - 60

10 Kroot:
3 Hounds - 88

10 Kroot:
3 Hounds - 88

Piranha:
Fusion Blaster, Target Lock - 70

Piranha:
Fusion Blaster, Target Lock - 70

6 Pathfinders:
Devilfish [Smart Missile System, Disruption Pod, Landing Gear] - 177

Hammerhead Gunship:
Hammerhead Railgun, Burst Cannons, Disruption Pods - 165

2 Broadsides:
1x Multi-Tracker, 1x Targeting Array - 150

2 Broadsides:
1x Multi-Tracker, 1x Targeting Array - 150

TOTAL: 1750

Now, a few things perhaps unexpected about my Tau list...hopefully they are somewhat self-explanatory, though I am happy to answer any questions re my choices.  Regarding the Marine list, it has just come to my attention that it has 15 points to spare - essentially Dozers on the Predators.  I will advise such an edit in future, lol.

6 comments:

sonsoftaurus said...

Orks as Tau you say?

http://sonsoftaurus.blogspot.com/2010/01/counts-as-army-ideas-part-12-tau-empire.html

Do it!

GDMNW said...

Yeuch!

Don't do it!

Stormy said...

As long as stuff is readily identifiable there won't be a problem.

Just to warn you that I'm no longer running Warpcon's 40k bit. There were monetary discrepancies...

One of the other lads asked me if I wanted to play as he wasn't that pushed about playing so I said I would.

TheKing Elessar said...

Tbh, on one level I hoped you'd say no...now I may indulge this childish desire. lol

Widthofacircle said...

I'm still waiting on your Orkdar army....

TheKing Elessar said...

It will happen. lol

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?