Friday 5 July 2013

Frateris Militia Whitterings

I have been busily looking at how I would prefer to play 40k universe tabletop gaming lately, rather than the disfigured spawn of Vetock we have been left with by The Mothership.
One important thing in my likely-to-never-see-the-light-of-day 4TKE, is the desire for a holistic approach (TM Ferran Soriano) essentially meaning I am "working on" the codexes simultaneously to the main rules. By doing them together I hope to create better balance in the game. Probably all that will end up doing is overwhelming me with workload and making me give up.

In the meantime though, I will post half-formed ideas, at the very least I may inspire others, and take a place in the anals (sic) of history.

This is my preliminary attempt at Frateris Militia.


Militia 2/2/3/3/1/3/1/5/-
Hive Ganger 3/2/3/3/1/3/1/6/6+
Deacon 3/3/3/3/2/3/3/7/- 4++
Confessor 4/3/3/3/3/3/4/8/- 4++

Cost: 52 points
Unit: 9 Militia 1 Deacon

Wargear:
Militia; ccw, stubgun or stub pistol
Deacon; laspistol, chainsword, rosarius

Add: up to 20 Militia at 4points each
Entire unit: swap stubgun/pistol for autogun/pistol or lasgun/pistol at 1point/model; Upgrade all Militia to Hive Gangers at 2ppm; Give every model Frag Grenades at 1ppm.
Upgrade: One Militia/Hive Ganger in every 10 models can have Heavy Stubber/Flamer/Grenade Launcher @5; Heavy Bolter/Plasma Gun @10; Missile Launcher @15.
Upgrade Deacon to Confessor @20.
Swap Deacon/Confessor :
Chainsword- power weapon@15
Laspistol- bolt pistol@1; hand flamer @free; shotgun@2; plasma pistol@5; plasma gun @10.

SPECIAL RULES:

BATTLE FRENZY:
As long as Deacon/Confessor is alive, unit has HATRED of all enemy models, and the RAGE usr.

DOMINAE IMPERIALIS:
Act of Faith (Deacon/Confessor only) 5+. The unit is Relentless this turn.



Notes:
Stubgun 24" s2 ap- rapid fire
Stub pistol 12" s2 ap- pistol (2)
Yes, it fires twice.
Acts of Faith are used at the turn start, and are 1 per unit per turn. No pool of points. Rolling a 1 always fails, and cause the unit to count as already moved. Probably will edit in a +1 for the Confessor over the Deacon.
HATRED means they are Fearless in cc against the hated, and re-roll to wound.
RAGE is +2 A on the charge.
Thoughts?

No comments:

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?