Thursday 16 July 2009

Making BA Work

Link enclosed to the Heresy topic for this.

Having had a bit of testing time with BA, and a little while to look over their 'dex, this is my latest creation. Was considering Rhinos, but the easy KPs in huge numbers and the ease with which they were dispatched in my first game made me think about trying this.

HQ
Dante - 200
Corbulo - 100

Elites
VAS w/ 2x DLCs, Meltagun+Meltabomb, Drop Pod - 225
Death Company 7x w/ Jump Packs - 35

Troops
Assault Squad w/ Power Fist Sarge - 165
Assault Squad w/ Power Fist Sarge - 165
Assault Squad w/ Power Fist Sarge - 165
Assault Squad w/ Power Fist Sarge - 165
Assault Squad w/ Power Fist Sarge - 165
Assault Squad w/ Power Fist Sarge - 165

Fast Attack
Attack Bike 2x w/ Multi Melta 2x - 100
Attack Bike 2x w/ Multi Melta 2x - 100
Attack Bike 2x w/ Multi Melta 2x - 100

Tactics are discussed within the Heresy topic.

1 comment:

Terminus Est said...

I'm not sure how this army is supposed to work and I could not find the link to the tactical discussion. I assume that Corbulo drops in with teh VAS via the pod. If that's the case then there is no controlling the DC and any good player you are up against can take advantage. I am not a fan of BA flying circus armies of death. They have nothing to hide behind except other Marines, you just shoot the closest units to deny cover. This army will really struggle against a mech list with assault units embarked. The mech army can circle the wagons then counter charge. Five man assault squads die very quickly and to be honest the assault squad is not that good. Believe me when I say I have used them a lot. If you are going to run the big D and Corbulo you need stronger units that benefit better from preferred enemy and furious charge, like a squad of assault terminators in a landraider. The attack bikes are good but even with the turbo boost they can be shot down easily. I think four attack bikes are more than enough and I finally stopped running them because they just give up killpoints to easily.

Mech is teh way to go with BA.

G

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?