Thursday 25 March 2010

Community Posts of Note Special Edition: From The Warp

http://fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2010/03/but-what-should-i-post-about.html

This is an excellent article discussing the difficulty of posting quality content on a regular basis, a topic that's been doing the rounds a bit in my corner of the Blogosphere the last couple days - and how Ron got around this potential hiccup.  I'm interested in everyone else's views on this, as I personally find it difficult to finish blog posts unless they are shorter than I'd ideally like.  I recently went through my archive of drafted posts and deleted half a dozen unfinished articles that are never going to see the light of day.  It's a shame, but the motivation had died, and with them the post.  How do you guys keep focused and ensure stuff comes out as you imagined it would?

5 comments:

Chumbalaya said...

I go in cycles. I'll post feverishly for a few days (like recently), burn out and do nothing for weeks. It's hard to find that balance and just figuring out what to write.

SandWyrm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SandWyrm said...

Adding Authors can help too. Well, sometimes... :)

Farmpunk said...

I will let articles hang for a while unpublished. I do get around to finally writing a lot of my articles. it might be a few weeks before I get excited about the topic again.

Sometimes it's hard to come up with 'new' things to write about.

but Battle reports and tourneys are usually sources for new topics.

Unknown said...

It's a good article that. Sometimes I haven't had anything to post and left it, however I target to do 8 posts per week roughly for the blog, whether that's from me or not it keeps the content going. So adding authors would be a benefit there.

Though I always have some thought on something. Even browsing forums can give you ideas to post stuff about.

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?