Thursday 4 March 2010

Well...I'm back.





It's kinda refreshing to come back and find the game is still in pretty much exactly the same state as when I left. Refreshing...and incredibly depressing. I don't get it - if you can be a force for good in the game, just do so. Otherwise, why are you getting in the way? Sigh. /rant

I've not played the game much since August - and fewer than a dozen games since September. I've barely been online, haven't visited forums etc etc. There are a couple reasons for this, and most of them are unimportant now. Suffice it to say that I've been out the loop somewhat - the whole 'Ynquisitors' thing threw me for a sec, Imperius Dominatus looks very different, Danny Internets seems to have regular content (:p) ...well, that's about it really. Pretty much everything else is the same. On the sites I've visited this far, anyway.
I don't know exactly what I expected to be different, but it would have been nice, in particular, if Wraithguard and Wraithlords were consigned to the Display Cabinet where they belong, for one. Having been largely out of the game recently, I haven't prepared a butt-load of articles for a bile-filled invective comeback tour, sadly. All the same, it's a-coming - so get into your fallout shelters now kiddies, and plug the ears. I plan to stir some shit, and I got a big fucking spoon.

I think part one is going to be '90% of Eldar options are shit because...' lol. Going out to the Internets Wasteland - Telling you the Truth, no matter how bad it hurts.


Right, now that's out of the system, time to get back to our regularly scheduled programming.



PS - Even though that's clearly a Fallout3 Reference, is it too similar to YTTH to keep as a recurring phrase? I'm kinda thinking it is.


10 comments:

Chumbalaya said...

Stelek as Three Dawg?

I can see that.

Welcome back broseph.

Farmpunk said...

ahh. the smell of teh stoopid has roused the King.

Teh stoopid was strong this weak.

don't get too lathered up, the hordes of noobiots aren't worth it.

Unknown said...

Well back Richard. The recent stupidness raised you from your grave? lol.

Looking forward to one of your rants, haven't had a good amusement for ages!

SandWyrm said...

Glad to see you back!

I can't help but wonder what happened to you though. Maybe we could start a list of possibilities.

1) Car crash w/Amnesia on the way to BoLScon?
2) Jail time for threatening foot-listing idiots?
3) "If you love me you'll..." Girlfriend Maintenance?
4) Was in Russia ordering a bride?
5) New baby?

TheKing Elessar said...

Don't be silly, my Russian brides come over the internet - I wouldn't pay for a flight to go pick them myself!

Unknown said...

Here's what happened. The King went to have a boob op because of the recent Girl Gamer article the King figured he'd get loads of attention and everyone would love him if he had a pair of tits!

But on the way to the hospital he had visions of the upcoming crazyness which has been thrown upon us and he entered a state of suspended animation.

Now the King has risen that the scent of dumbness has entered his nostrils and prepares to wage a eternal war on BoLs! LOL :p

Raptor1313 said...

I could see Stelek as a much more profane Three Dawg, yeah...

The only thing that doesn't work for Fallout and your blog is the fact you roll without power armor in your army, and, well, Fallout's all about that power armor. (For me, at leasT).

Welcome back to the interwebs. I'd wondered if you were dead and rituals involving the innocent and/or small, fuzzy animals would be necessary, and I have gathered the ingredients. As you appear to be fine, I suppose there's no need for the ritual, but it'd be a shame to waste the raw ingredients...

TheKing Elessar said...

:D

Stew then?

thehod said...

Welcome back TKE

TheKing Elessar said...

Thanks to all! :D

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?