Wednesday 5 May 2010

Diabetes Is Not A Proper Disability... (joke)

Ryan said, in the comments HERE...



"Harro there TKE =]
Ryan here.
So After looking through your suggested lists and seeing what I'd personally prefer to try I came up with this; by the way, I decided to keep the Termies and their ride for that Sally feel and ofc the TH/SS goodness =]


Vulkan

Tact: 10, MM Fl Rhino
Tact: 10, MM Fl Rhino
Tact: 10, MM Fl Rhino

Terminator AS: 5, TH/SS

Redeemer: MM

Speeder Squadron: 2, MM HF
SPeeder Squadron: 2, MM HF

Dakka Pred
Dakka Pred

Rifleman
Rifleman


By my count thi tallys in at 1955.
What to do with the 45 points?
Mbombs on sgts? Maybe a fist? EA on redeemer might prove useful.

What you think?
:)
"





REPLY:
I think EA is a necessity on Redeemers more than any other Land Raider.  Unfortunately, I think one Raider is too big a target, especially at 2k.  Take 2/3, or go home.  lol
Play that guy [from Slayers] who's name I forget, with the shitty Dark Eldar list, and even he should demonstrate why.  Failing that, play me on Friday.  ;)


Since you now have those Predators (grrr) you are closer to finishing the list, lol.  It's very nearly done, a little tweak or two really.


Fist wouldn't be good - identikit Troops choices mean the enemy must determine the biggest threat simply through table-top position and Threat Management.  This is the nature of Target Priority - and I don't mean shitty 4e rules no-one ever paid attention to.  It is in your interest to make choosing a target as difficult as possible, by having as many things as possible pose equal threat levels.  If he splits his fire, you may all survive - if he doesn't most of you should, and be able to do most of the damage you could have with the missing units.  This is why it is necessary to take 3 Dragon squads in my army.  lol [As it applies to all units, not merely Troops]


Putting EA on the Redeemer is awesome.  Essentially, it ensures Terminators ALWAYS have a 20" charge radius out of it.  12" Move, 2" Disembark, 2" Base Size, 6" Assault.  Sweet, especially when you are hitting them with MC Hammers.  (It was really difficult not to put a link in there...)


It leaves 30 of your Earth 'points' to distribute...so my favourite options are:


a) Melta Bombs on all Sergeants, Dozer Blades on Rhinos


b) Combi-Meltas on all 3 Sergeants


That's really it.  Not much else to say about the list, lol.


Oh, and btw - I beat Cathy 2-0 on Turn 5.  Just in case you, like Mark, Huggy, and herself, thought she was going to win.  ;)  


Very good game though.  Impressed by what I saw.  I had a lot of fun.  Maybe next time she'll have me...[Though, a player of my calibre? :p ]*




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* - Apologies to those who don't get the in-jokes...but I think they're funny, or I wouldn't type them.  So, rest assured, they're gems, right there.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dual Land Raider Crusaders and pop multi meltas on them and any spare points as combi weapons :)

Chumbalaya said...

EA and MM FTW!

Plus combis andmelta bombs, y'know.

Biadetic said...

Awesome thanks =]

I think Im leaning more toward combi weps, so Il have a look and see how it goes =]
I think Im free on firday if you wanna head to serenity at all?

It'll be interesting to give the list a go. Probably not against such a player of your calibre though ;)

HA! DIabetes is a real disease. We're a minority and often shunned by the 'norms'... 'nuff said.

I didnt think Cathy would win at all tbh, you were incredibly unlucky in early turns, what with rolling so many 1's, especially when 3 of your vehicles only killed ONE flamer! If they hadda died as they should have in turn 2, you probably couldve just killed loads other stuff instead of wasting another turn of shooting on them lol.

And remember "everyones allowed to be an idiot every now and then" BUT NOT TKE!!! mMaybe you should get that on your tshirt instead of the refused flank bs :p

TheKing Elessar said...

True, lmao.

I'll be up on Friday, yep, I'm up for that! lol

I really was, lol. Still, I didn't really mind, I was calm and confident, and never lost sight of the mission. The sheer amount of stuff I still had alive forced her hand. Reminds me, I was going to text her...

I had forgotten that, lol. Yep, that's my new slogan!

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?