Saturday 8 May 2010

NEWS - Spearhead Releases!

Well, was looking at the sprues from the local GW Black Box this afternoon (no pics, sorry!) and guess what?

Good News Everyone! - The Night Spinner and Fire Prism come on a single upgrade sprue to the Falcon, with all of the tasty extra hull pieces, the resculpted turret...and some pretty swish extras, including a Shuriken Cannon for the chin.  Means you never have to build a Spinner, after you read the terrible rules!!

Bad News Everyone! - The way the Prism is assembled means it is more than likely you will have to paint it on the sprue - or the gun at least.  Also, as far as I could tell, you only got one rollbar, so the weapons will be incredibly difficult to magnetize, if even possible.  :(

Good News Everyone! - The new Leman Russ boxset comes with the pieces for all the remaining Russ variants, including the regular Russ!  It comes with swish hull/sponson weapons, apparently identical to the new Demolisher sprue, but I haven't bothered to check.

Bad News Everyone! - It's a Russ sprue, so it is NOT the Manticore/Hyra/Deathstrike/Droids we were looking for.

That's today's news.  Now, over to Olly for the weather?  Olly?

7 comments:

Dethtron said...

are you serious? no frakkin artillery...I saw the CAD for that shit at Games DAy Chicago last year!!!!!

oviono: a carbonated beverage with a hint of onion flavor...

Faolain said...

I am going to find a way to magnetize that kit. Trust me. I magnetized the metal Eldar artillery platforms.

TheKing Elessar said...

lol
Well, you better do a post on it, because we ALL want some of that!


Dethtron - Fraid not. 2 Weeks later, I hear.

Zenos said...

Interesting... am a bit down on the guard stuff though...

Why oh why can't we have standard field artillery! Rapiers and Tarantulas are exceptional models... sigh...

Going back to my Thudd Guns. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like it's an order to the UK for me then... I just haven't seen a conversion for the Hydra that looks better than the FW one.... I was REALLY hoping they might do a sprue....

Stupid GW....

I actually like the new Fire Prism cannon... My Wife thinks I should do space elves - but I've not been able to bring myself to because of the existing Dumb that is the their current Prism cannon.... (She also thinks I need Squggoths for my orks... God I love her)

TheKing Elessar said...

I would hold fire on that buddy - it appears a second release of kits is in order 2 weeks later...I just don't know the contents of it yet.

Unknown said...

None of the upcoming tanks do anything for me. I wouldn't mind a Punisher and Executioner for sheer coolness but I'll never use them tbh :(

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?