Thursday 6 May 2010

Cops and Robbers? Goodbye Mr A? Running out of Hoosiers references?

EMAIL FROM RAY.  His words in BLUE, this time.




Just read your blog and have changed my list a tad and its going to cost me money wise :-( let me know if it will be worth it please.

librarian jp lance, sheild

honour guard ,jp,meltaguns and flamers x 4

assault squad x 8 flamer ,rhino

assault squad x 10 meltaguns x 2 powerfist

assault squad x 10 meltaguns x 2 powerfist

sang preists x 2 jp

baal predator not sure weather flamestormcannon or assault cannons

baal predator same as above

vanguard, jp, 2x power weapons, powerfist

dreadnought, lascannon

predator, autocannon, lascannons

predator, autocannon, lascannons

it all comes in at 1999 not sure about this list to be honest not sure if fluff wise it will work i know i should not really worry about it but cant help it cause nightlords were a whole legion and would have had all this stuff (maybe not baals lol) like i said at the start i would need to buy all the preds which is a pretty penny as you know so what do u think



The Predators are great.  The list I put up before though, had the advantage of target saturation.  Basically, you need at least one Rhino for every JP squad, because that forces the opponent to make hard choices about shooting, and gives cover to the RAS as they close.


The Baals don't truly add very much to the list either, so we shall drop those, lol.  I see you still want to use Honour Guard, too - but they aren't built, so they don't necessarily need JPs...


Okay, so what about:


Libby - 125
As above


RAS - 250
2 Melta, Fist



RAS - 250
2 Melta, Fist

Predator - 135
AC/LC

Predator - 135
AC/LC

RAS - 250
2 Flamer, Fist, Rhino [Hunter Killer]

RAS - 250
2 Flamer, Fist, Rhino [Hunter Killer]

Vanguard - 205
JP, 2xPW, Fist [This would be better as a hammer, tbh, if you could be bothered converting the Serg to have one...]

Honour Guard - 225
4 Melta, 4 Flamers, RHINO [H-K M]

Sang Priests: - 160
1 w/ JP, Melta Bombs
1 w/ JP, Melta Bombs 

Now, 15 points remain.  Either Dozers on all 3 Rhino, or upgrade to that Hammer, and put them on the Troop Rhinos.

3 comments:

Chumbalaya said...

Hybriddy, I like it. It does seem a bit light on ranged power, so another Pred and some Speeders would be handy. It would be hard to fit them in though, maybe dropping the Rhino RAS down to 5 men.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps inferno pistols on the priests?

I think they'd be more useful.

TheKing Elessar said...

I overspent on JP RAS, so the Sergeants there get Infernus'.

:)

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?