Monday 3 May 2010

Recent 2k list I've been using.

See full size image - Totally NOT my models, but really nice looking Eldar army.  If the owner objects to the free screentime, they can be removed.  I hope not, because I love the idea of having my Eldar at such a state that I can display them thusly.  lol


So, on to the list.  No analysis, no breakdown... frankly, there's very little to say.  I think this is a pretty decent 2k Eldar list - it could obviously do with more target saturation, but that's difficult to come by for the Eldar, at the very least without using some Bikes.  More Flamers, ie, on Stormies, would be great, but just nowhere to put them, and the extra S6 of Spiders would also be greatly appreciated, if only I could manage it.  Sigh.  Oh gimped Codexes...lol


Eldrad Ulthran - 210

Prince Yriel - 155

5 Dire Avengers - 60

5 Dire Avengers - 60

5 Dire Avengers - 205
w/ Wave Serpent [TL Bright Lance, Shuriken Cannon]


5 Dire Avengers - 205
w/ Wave Serpent [TL Bright Lance, Shuriken Cannon]

5 Fire Dragons - 190
w/ Wave Serpent [TL Shuriken Cannon. Shuriken Cannon]

5 Fire Dragons - 190
w/ Wave Serpent [TL Shuriken Cannon. Shuriken Cannon]

5 Fire Dragons - 190
w/ Wave Serpent [TL Shuriken Cannon. Shuriken Cannon]




Falcon - 200
w/ Bright Lance, Shuriken Cannon, Holo-Fields, Spirit Stones.


Falcon - 200
w/ Bright Lance, Shuriken Cannon, Holo-Fields, Spirit Stones.

Fire Prism - 125
w/ Shuriken Cannon

TOTAL: 1990

7 comments:

Chumbalaya said...

Eldrad and Yriel?

Cheesy super cheese and also unfluffy. You get a 0 for comp and sports!

I like this list, but I think you could be better suited taking more units over expensive SCs.

Unknown said...

Agreed. I think Eldrad is fine but dropping Yriel for anormal Tach and then playing with points or dropping him all together is a better option. I also prefer my Falcons to be dakka Falcs!

TheKing Elessar said...

But - Yriel adds a CC element the list otherwise desperately lacks. The inability of ANY of the models but Eldrad to even *survive* a round of CC reliably means that I get a much bigger punch with him compared to a shitty regular Autarch.

Also, dropping him down only frees up enough points for one Vyper, or Scatter Laser turrets on Dragons.

RayJ said...

I have been toying around with Eldar for a couple of weeks now, and this list looks pretty much like the current cookie cutter approach to using them on the field.

I don't have a problem with that, per se; I'm intentionally running larger squads and a bit of variety right now to get a feel for just how weak the Eldar weaknesses are.

Do you feel a warlock retinue could provide the close-combat punch that Yriel adds?

Also, a question and observation on your transport configuration. You have givven your anti-infantry squads anti-tank weapons and given your anti-tank squads anti-infantry weapons. Is this being done to give the unit a form of duality on the battlefield?

Also, since I've experienced this difficulty myself, how would you play this list to combat a fast blood angels army with a lot of Feel No Pain coming in from multiple priests? The fire dragons seem like the only things capable of inflicting any meaningful wounds, and they can easily be beat up if they get out of their transports.

Sorry to be so long winded, it's just really hard to find good advice on Eldar these days :)

Unknown said...

I'd rather take a Vyper or SLs over Yriel :P. You want Eldar to fold in combat anyways so you can shoot more. I just think it's points wasted where points could be saved.

TheKing Elessar said...

It's a bit of a wash, Kirbs, but Yriel has a Pie - and the only other pie I can serve up comes from an inaccurate Prism.

RayJ - hi, welcome to the blog. :)
No, I don't think a small Warlock unit would have anywhere near the effectiveneess of Yriel ,not least as they are not ICs, and therefore cannot jump into someone else's ride.

As regards BA...I haven't had the pleasure of facing Mech BA with my Eldar yet, but JPs is remarkably easy. I hope to go into further detail in a upcoming post, but going full-reserve, and getting Cover Saves until they have committed most of their Meltaguns to the fray works a treat.

Anonymous said...

Looks nasty... I see you focusing on the most efficient elements at the expense of diversity, but this list definitely kicks ass on paper.

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?