Tuesday 25 May 2010

Slow Day...

So, was playing football last night, and, one thing led to another,and...no, wait...that doesn't fit...er...

Ahem.

Was playing football, and have badly sprained my ankle.  Fairly sure it's not broken, but I don't own an X-Ray machine.  Sadly.  Man, would that be cool...Anyway, yeah.  So's, I'm pretty much a cripple today, and feeling a bit down about the fact I can't get the 2/3 games of 40k I'd have liked to get in as I often do on a Tuesday.  :(

...In fact, really all I've done today is discover the Onion News Network, via Youtube, and watch a few dozen videos.

So, since I'm unlikely to do anything, I'll take requests, if they get to me before I get fed up and turn on the XBox, for a series of short articles.  Anything* you want an opinion on - hit me up!


----------------------------------------------------------------------

* - But nothing too long.  It's depressing enough I can't do what I want, anything time-consuming, like BA review, won't get done.  Sorry!

5 comments:

Chumbalaya said...

Hooray for sports injuries! Hope things aren't too bad TKE.

What are you playing on XBL?

TheKing Elessar said...

Can't get on Live, still. :(

Dumb PoS. Sigh.

Stuck grinding for Achievements in PES2010 instead. Need the DLC for Borderlands that increases the level cap to 60, cos I've maxed out and so can't get any more EXP without it. :(

If I get even boreder of this monotonous grinding then I'll probably go grind ME, so I can hit the level cap in that... lol.

My ankle is no longer in constant pain, and the painkillers must have worn off, so that's a plus. Bit concerned about whatever muscle is the back of my shin though - seems a strain there too, that I couldn't detect before, what with the agony and such. lol

Chumbalaya said...

Keep weight off of it, ice if necessary, and do some light stretching to keep it loose (unless it really hurts).

Hope it's all ok.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your foot! Get well soon and all. You can always paint models while staying off your leg.

Now were you talking about Soccer? You must be...

TheKing Elessar said...

BLASPHEMY! I won't paint!!

Er...I mean, thanks CG, and thanks for tips Chumby. Sadly, going to work prevents me resting it fully, as did the gig I attended, and got drunk at, Friday night. Alcohol + ankle being somewhat better = potential mishaps galore. Fortunately, I haven't done any further damage.

And, yes, REAL Football, not American Rugby. :p

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?