Wednesday 30 June 2010

Holy Shit...

So, BA and Nid FAQs are FINALLY up! Hoorah!  Well done GW!

And, holy fucking shit batman.  Are they good, or are they awesome?

Firstly - one word answers.  Suck it up, dickbags, no shitty tedious fluff explanations for you.  Want to know how the rules work? Read a proper FAQ.  Want to read nonsense spewed by some pompous twat trying to make himself sound cool by putting extraneous bollocks in?  Piss off to the INAT.

Secondly - Shadow doesn't affect Eldrad? Holy Orbs of Antioch yeah!  Never getting out in 5e FTW!

Thirdly - No, of course the DoM doesn't affect Transported units spas-anus.

Fourth - Confirmation of multiple Nid CCWs being usable together makes me weep with irritated joy.  Now, I have to convert my TyranOrks.  :(

Fifth - As I type this, I still haven't checked out the BA one, so I'll post prematurely (lol) and edit in stuff and link.  BRB ZOMG BBQFT FTW ETC...

Sixth - Wow that was fast, huh? (They don't call him Baals out in an alley for nothing!)  Er...Magna-Grapples WORK! Yay!

Seventh - Oh crap.  No upgrades for Furioso Libbies, huh? Methinks they thinks they are a little OP.  Thanks a lot Internet fucktards.  Way to bone originality in Codex writing.  Don't listen Matt Ward!  We still love you, we, the disenfranchised big-spending player base so reviled by Jervis.  Maybe someone should remind him the first GT was his idea, wasn't it?  Sigh.

Eight - Corby can't help you go first.  Pity, makes him a lot less useful (ubiquitous? lol)  but still he's not terribad.

Nine - what the hell kind of idiots thought you could combine DoAs to not scatter? :S  If you ever thought this, please punch yourself fiercely in the genitals.

Ten - Despite a great job overall - we still need it spelled out how Smokes work if Scouting and going first.  People are idiots.  lol

Much better than the last shitty PDF I read on the GW site!  :D

12 comments:

SynnerG said...

Another thing not addressed that I heard ppl ask about is the BA Stormraven being able to move flat-out and still fire a weapon due to PotMS. But, either way, glad they got this out and hope they keep pumping them out every couple months instead of years.

Unknown said...

I was @ BBall so you beat me to it! Anger. Happy Kirby @ GW.

FUCK YOU to every idiot who doens't know what ANYWHERE on the table for DS means or that DoM could affect units who just aren't there ffs.

Brent said...

You guys made my morning with your unabashed joy and relentless adult language!

Cheers!

...

Wait... aren't I upset about Kirby raping my wee Daemons?

(Not to be confused with my Little Daemon.)

TheKing Elessar said...

Heh! Let's all try and get articles on this before Stelek...Chumby, where are you?

Chumbalaya said...

I am here. My Drop Nids got hosed, so I need to work on how to fix them.

sonsoftaurus said...

Not bad. A bit more printer-friendly than earlier FAQs too, less grey everywhere.

TheKing Elessar said...

Here but too late buddy, I wanted a clean sweep of Blogs beating YTTH to the punch. Sigh. :)

Anonymous said...

I've got to agree with Brent on this one... relentless adult language FTW!

Nine - If you did think so, do it again. And again. And keep on doing it until you can't have children. People who ask questions like that are clearly NOT suitable to bring-up children!

And Shadow doesn't work in a transport... really?? What about when the doors are open? Come on...that's just stupid. Of course it should! The immaterium cares not for plastic... umm I mean adamantium... umm...plasteel or whatever!

Von said...

Don't listen Matt Ward! We still love you, we, the disenfranchised big-spending player base so reviled by Jervis. Maybe someone should remind him the first GT was his idea, wasn't it? Sigh.

Yes, it was: which makes his Standard Bearers read more like "HOLY SHIT I'VE CREATED A MONSTER NOW I MUST MAKE IT DIE" than any sort of reasoned commentary on things.

I don't blame GW for the poor reading comprehension of the player base. If they're going to release an FAQ list, they have to answer every FAQ, no matter how obvious how brain-dead the question.

I blame the player base for their poor reading comprehension, and the long-running sodding idiotic myth that having good reading comprehension in wargaming makes you a Rules Lawyer (fnord) and thus a bad person.

TheKing Elessar said...

Exactly. It's like Jervis didn't realise people could be dicks until before he created GW Tournament play - and he didn't realise he was shit at his own game until he saw others in action. lol

Now he tries to control his jealousy, but with little obvious success.
/theory.

Anonymous said...

10) NOMNOMNOMNOM & NOM NOM !!

11) NOMMIE NOM NOM NOMINATOR !!

G

TheKing Elessar said...

?

Is that you, GBF? I hope so...

I don't want to need to bust out a can of Dick-Be-Gone...

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?