Friday 11 June 2010

MWFTW! Stormraven Post...

Y'know, since everyone else has a post about 'Ravens, my turn! Pics, and it DID happen!

Note - this is not my own work, it was built by a local GW staffer.  I think it's rather nice, though the £61 price tag for the conversion set is a bit of a lot for one model.



100_1185.jpg image by TheKingElessar

100_1184.jpg image by TheKingElessar

100_1183.jpg image by TheKingElessar

100_1182.jpg image by TheKingElessar

Also, just to neatly fit in with my recent comments on YTTH asking if anyone had ever used a road on a table (what with them being sillystupid in rules, and realistically broken in several senses) - when I went to (one of) my local club(s), QUB DragonSlayers, this Tuesday, I saw the following! :O

100_1246.jpg image by TheKingElessar 100_1245.jpg image by TheKingElessar.  Two boards with interlocked road pieces...Oh the humanity/irony.

Right, wuite a short post, not much content - still busy, this whole 'painting' crap.  :(

On the bright side, I've made a Conversion Beamer I'm quite happy with, so will do an article all about it when finished.  I've been taking WIP Pics.

*Spoiler* - Some are on my Photobucket Account already, if you can't wait.

5 comments:

Chumbalaya said...

Is that Raven an old Rhino + Valk? Looks cool, like a baby Thunderhawk.

Never used roads, never even seen 'em. But the free extra 6" would be awesome.

Drunkbobnopants said...

It was awsome. That road allowed my rhino to ram a chimera with a 15" move. :P

Unknown said...

Hmmm Valkyrie and Rhino hybride = valkino, interesting.

Roads, I have these on my board. They're interesting. You cannot move 12" and fire on most vehicles so moving 18" is quite funny actually.

TheKing Elessar said...

LOL.

Yeah, it's a Razorback box, a Valk box, some GS, and a spare Razor turret.

I've asked Ciaran to let me photo a DIY, if he builds another. Should be good.

Anonymous said...

Thatstorm shit looks shit =]

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?