There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, 17 July 2010

Alpha Legion Part Two

Okay so, further thoughts - the Alpha Legion are very mission-focused - the individuals are irrelevant.  Y'know, like any proper armed force.

PROTIP: If a newspaper has a red banner, and lauds everyone and anyone as a 'hero', it diminishes the term, greatly.

Anyway...


So, with that in mind, an Alpha Legion list made up entirely of scoring units? Well, there are two ways to do this.  Firstly, we take the SW Dex again, and use Grey Hunters, Wolf Guard, and Logan - but no-one paid any credence to my last SW post...

Secondly, we could Vote for Pedro, and use Sternguard.  Let's try that approach.  Is this list going to be all that creative, or original? No.  But, it DOES have the advantage of pretty much being identical to one I have actually used.  It's really self-explanatory, so I'm not going to bother.

Pedro KantCan't he? why on earth not? I certainly could - and I'm not even a Chapter Master like he is!or;
Funky Fist, other junk. - 175

10 Sternguard; Lighten up then! Don't start, no-one wants to read it!
2 Heavy Flamers, Power Fist, 8 Combi-Meltas, Drop Pod. - 370


10 Sternguard;
2 Heavy Flamers, Power Fist, 8 Combi-Meltas, Drop Pod. - 370

10 Sternguard;
2 Heavy Flamers, Power Fist, 8 Combi-Meltas, Drop Pod. - 370

10 Tacticals;
Multi-Melta, Flamer, Combi-Melta, Power Fist, Drop Pod. - 240

10 Tacticals;
Multi-Melta, Flamer, Combi-Melta, Power Fist, Drop Pod. - 240

Land Speeder Squadron;
MM/HF - 70

Land Speeder Squadron;
MM/HF - 70

Land Speeder Squadron;
MM/HF - 70

That's 1975, and leaves a little bit to be desired.  It's solid enough, but it's not exactly top-tier - it does get all fluffy on your ass though, so I like it.  Obviously, this could also be used to represent the fluff of several other Chapters, from the Crimson Fists to the Scythes of the Empra, from the Mentor Legion to the Fire Lords...Tons.  Anyway, thoughts/opinions/feedback/comments about the weather?
Post a Comment
There was an error in this gadget

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?