Tuesday 20 July 2010

Right, so, lagging behind a little...

Man, this sucks.

So, I spent most of Sunday drinking (or a lot of it, anyway) and most of Monday recovering [PROTIP: After the tenth double vodka, give wallet to someone else to look after...] and that recovery even spilt over until today, cos I'm still not 100%.  Annnndddd, I've realised today I have 2 and a half weeks until I go to Edinburgh - I thought it was still over 3.  Dumbass.


Sooo, with that in mind, and the fact that packing and work are both things that have to take priority, I'm going to have to try and get the current in progress articles out of the way somehow.  Guh.  My Banshees article is practically embryonic, so it goes to the last place in the queue.  Following up my Alpha Legion posts with more Sternguard lists, and a BA variant, are important, so they go top.  I've a poll to put up, still, so it will be up by the end of the day (not necessarily in my time zone, but somewhere...) I have an article I want to do based on a thread on GMort's Chaotica, I have an ETC-related challenge to complete, I have a response to Warseer's (and his blog) Igradar to write up, and I have an article I promised Danny Internets.  I had another idea, but it's gone.

Anyway - that's what's going down in TKE-land (Gondor...) - that, and the game I'm off to have with my Eldar against Joe's IG.  But, I don't know what points we are using, so I've gotta take 2k I suppose.  :-/

I guess I just require some better balance...

11 comments:

Messanger of Death said...

We love you TKE. All you need is love. And maybe some new brain cells <3

And if your able to use a computer your not drunk enough ;)

Messanger

Dethtron said...

would you consider yourself a writer with a drinking problem or a drinker with a writing problem?


capledi- a spicy, cured italian sausage made from pork and fennel

TheKing Elessar said...

Definitely a drinker with a writing problem. ;)

All I need is love, a new liver, some new (more?) brain cells, and mo' money mo' money mo' money. And more time.

Death Korps of War said...

well, as for the game...lets just say i lost the battle...but i still feel like i came away with a victory of sorts....lol
it was my fault, i forgot by turn 2 that it was an objectives game...lol

but i was happy that i took out every tank you had by the last turn (and by take out i mean destroyed, wrecked or just immobilised them)

as well as some of the Fire Dragons....

Death Korps of War said...

put it this way Rick.....you've put me back into that dark pit from whense i came from...lol

TheKing Elessar said...

Hah! Hardly Joe.

The fact that you forgot the mission so early, and focused entirely on destroying my tanks, was the only reason I survived...that and perhaps taking out the Demolisher so early.

I think you should have won. Drop the shitty Russes, and forget the turrets, and start using Hydras, and you will rape me sideways.

Not literally, I hope.

Gmorts Chaotica said...

Thanks for the bit of advertising. I believe the article you were referring to was this one,

http://gmortschaotica.blogspot.com/2010/07/learning-from-your-mistakes.html

I look forward to reading your article as it will (I'm sure) be far more comprehensive than mine was...

Death Korps of War said...

the russes werent shitty....they were just squadraned....i dont like squadraning them up, but i didnt bring anything else i wanted to use in the game, so i was left with little choice.

secondly, if i had Hydras i'd use them....

Unknown said...

Mad for it hey mate. What army you taking to Edinburgh? You gonna go to the vaults as well? :)

TheKing Elessar said...

Been to the Dungeon, and once is enough. It's cool enough, but not exactly terrifying or anything.

No plans to take any models over, I'm staying for 18 days, and enough clothes to cope with the changeable weather will be plenty!

Plus, I'll need my laptop, obvs. Reminds me...I need an umberella, ella, ella, ella, eh?

TheKing Elessar said...

Oh, and Mark, you're on Facebook - you can see the pics... :/ lol

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?