Thursday 15 July 2010

Another Dark Elf list...

Just thinking out loud really with this one...after slagging off DE Chariots the other day I began wondering exactly how many I could get into my army, should I choose...so, 2500 points, DE COC.  Ewww. :(

Also, yes, Banshee article.  Working on it.  lol.  In my head.  Not working Friday, hopefully I will be sober most of the day and can try to get it written then.



So, we start with Special, and the Chariots mentioned above.

Oh look, no options.  Well, that's neat.

We can have 3, so we will.

That's 300 points, so I have 325 more of Special available.  COK, me thinks.  5 with Standard is...141.  Two of these units - 282...leaves 43 for Banners?  After a quick look there are a few interesting ones - but nothing that seems important enough.

NOTE - Stelek has really been pushing the importance of Scouts recently - I think I can see why, but sadly DE seem at a slight disadvantage here, unless Dark Riders or Harpies got FAQ'd to have Scouts, and I missed that part/forgot.

So, the list so far:

Cold One Chariot - 100
Cold One Chariot - 100
Cold One Chariot - 100

5 Cold One Knights - Standard Bearer - 141
5 Cold One Knights - Standard Bearer - 141

Okay, now Core?

6 Dark Riders;
RXBows, Musician - 139

Seems a nice unit, no? Spears to charge with, RXB to shoot with off Marching, cos we're Fast Cav.  Musician to regroup after bait and flee.  Funkyzeit.

Okay, 6 of these?  No, 5 will suffice.  5x139 = 695

MOAR Chariots then!

Sadly, Malekith and his special Chariot is illegal at 2500, cos he is 600 on foot... :(

Heroes I suppose...

Master;
Chariot, Great Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield, BSB, Banner of Nagarythe - 305

Master;
Chariot, Ring of Hotek, Enchanted Shield, Great Weapon - 204

That's 509 on TWO Heroes...erk.  It's also 1786 altogether.  :(  If only I could put Assassins on Chariots? Looks like this is another Fail list HE do better.

Round off with 2 RBT, I suppose.

So, altogether the list is:


Master;
Chariot, Ring of Hotek, Enchanted Shield, Great Weapon - 204

Master;
Chariot, Great Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield, BSB, Banner of Nagarythe - 305

6 Dark Riders;
RXBows, Musician - 139
6 Dark Riders;
RXBows, Musician - 139
6 Dark Riders;
RXBows, Musician - 139
6 Dark Riders;
RXBows, Musician - 139
6 Dark Riders;
RXBows, Musician - 139

Cold One Chariot - 100
Cold One Chariot - 100
Cold One Chariot - 100

5 Cold One Knights - Standard Bearer - 141
5 Cold One Knights - Standard Bearer - 141

Repeater Bolt Thrower - 100
Repeater Bolt Thrower - 100

Mobility FTW?

5 comments:

Zenos said...

Like the idea of the second list a lot... only one slight hurdle... Riders! If I remember correctly... they come as single figures now? Thats a rather expensive list!

Chumbalaya said...

You get max 50% special TKE, so you can fit in plenty of COKs.

For Scouts, look at Shades and Assassins. Shade with 2 hand weapons and crossbows are very nice, and Assassins are just annoying.

You can't use a shield with a great weapon. Avoid the GW altogether and pick up a halberd or magic weapon so you don't waste that high I.

A pair of Hydras would give you some really handy assault units that can actually fight past the first round. Same with a Manticore.

Atrotos said...

I would start fantasy if I could just find a model for Dark Riders...

then I could finally have the all-cav army I want with DR's and Cold Ones everywhere!

TheKing Elessar said...

I considered Hydras, but didn't have points. :(

Shield was for the Ward Save against Cannons...but that only works in CC doesn't it? D'oh.

@Atrotos/Zenos - Glade Riders!


I think it needs a rewrite.

Von said...

Glade Riders, spare arms from your Warriors, and a quick file job for the woodie cloaks. Job done. Seen it look good. Trying it myself when I have some spare limbs.

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?