Sunday 11 July 2010

New Author

Evenin’ all,

I’m Thud and I’ll be the one poisoning your minds with lies, deceit and Hanna Montana. TKE asked me to write on his blog, and not wanting to waste the chance to destroy it completely, I accepted. Of course, I’m notoriously unreliable, a world-class procrastinator and I have absolutely no ideas for any articles whatsoever yet, so this should go just swimmingly. Did I make a Hanna Montana joke yet?

Some of you may know me from Warseer and the rest of you will be making crosses and denouncing the devil just by reading the word. Well, don’t worry too much, I share more of my 40k philosophy with Stelek than with the unwashed masses of Warseer. Not that I’m implying Stelek showers or anything. According to the internet he grew up in a coalmine in Wales, hasn’t played a game of 40k since Christmas 1994, lives in Mkerr’s basement (without Mkerr knowing about it) and is possibly Santa Claus. But I digress.

Anyway, I started my adventure in the 41st millennium as 3rd edition was released, but due to military service and such I came back to 40k about a year and a half ago after a three years hiatus. Unlike before, however, I now play competitively and I put actual thought behind my army lists. And as heretical as this may sound to the fluff-brigade; I’ve never had more fun with 40k than right now.

That’s it for me for now, but I’ll be back with another completely unnecessary article before you know it.

-Thud

7 comments:

TheKing Elessar said...

Brilliant. Welcome to the team. Heh. Hannah Montana AND Wales. What a post...

Iggy said...

Hey Thud! Great to see you in another setting - I must admit, Warseer can only occupy so much of my time before I hop somewhere else.

TKE, I took your advise to heart, I have to lay off WoW a bit, and start blogging more - watch out internet!

Unknown said...

Ohmy Thud. I see what TKE is doing...

TheKing Elessar said...

I (obviously) do not know what you mean Kirby. Please elucidate.

Iggy, that's good to hear. Forums are nice, but it's hard to hear your own voice, and hard to know that you got to fully finish a thought process, without someone else chiming in and telling you how you are wrong, without any back-up to their claims. lol

Also, I have it on good authority that WoW is the devil, or somesuch. :)

Unknown said...

How did I get dragged into this one??

TheKing Elessar said...

As if you mind!

Unknown said...

You know the saying, "There is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary", right?

Lol!

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?