Monday 27 December 2010

Blood Angels Of Blood Army List Archetypes: ThunderStorm!

A ThunderStorm list, for your perusal.  Yes, it IS legal.

Whether or not it's particularly good...well.  That's up to you.  :p

Libby - Shield n Sword - 100

8 ThunderShield, 2 LC - 440
Corby - 105
Priest w/ Claw - 65
Priest w/ Claw - 65

RAS - Melta, Infernus, FlamerBack - 145
RAS - Melta, Infernus, FlamerBack - 145
RAS - Melta, Infernus, FlamerBack, PW - 160
RAS - Melta, Infernus, FlamerBack, PW - 160

Speeder - MM, HF - 70
Speeder - MM, HF - 70
Speeder - MM, HF - 70

StormRaven - MM, AssCan, - 200
StormRaven - MM, AssCan, - 200

TOTAL: 1995


Clearly, the Termies Combat and go in the Ravens.  Corbs in one for FnP and Reroll (probably on Reserves) Libby in the other.

Having a PW of some sort in all the Razors makes them kinda GH levels of good, on paper.  I may try this out on Vassal in the next week-ish, if I can find time.  I am not building 2 Ravens just to test it.  lol

2 comments:

pringles978 said...

are you sure you have the points right this time...?

i think that the termie squads both need some sort of priest so you take full advantage of the buffs on offer. the shield libby would be better in the razors to help them out.

probably better to stick corby in the razors too, as the termies will be in the thick of it as soon as they arrive, 2+fnp wont hold up too long and he's pretty expensive for a suicide unit. maybe just a bare bones priest in each raven?save the points on an essentially a suicide model and pop more pw on the ras?

TheKing Elessar said...

You may be right. Corby's re-roll doesn't require his presence locally I suppose...part of his thinking was also the ability to re-roll a vital Termie save if I hadn't used it already.

Testing on Vassal may iron this out.

Cheers for feedback, both this and before! :)

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?