Friday 31 December 2010

Quick Mention -

Those of you that don't already know, Dave Taylor is running a Competition HERE, and it involves writing a Steel Legion army list for 1500, 1750, 1850 and 3k points.



I've been a huge fan of Armageddon since the first Battle For Armageddon Scenarios book in the 2e box (or whatever that book was called!) and a HUGE fan of the Steel Legion since their first appearance proper in Codex:Armageddon in 2000(1999?2001? Whenever the hell it was??)

As a result, my free time is being spent on that, at the moment.  It's actually difficult to try and get everythnig I want without:

A) Using Vendettas/Valkyries - this is a Steel Legion PDF Regiment, not a flipping AirCav!
B) Using Ordnance of any kind, or other lumbering Behemoths - too slow!
C) Using units without proper Transportation, as this is a Fully Mechanised force.

While also:
A) Using a Commissar, as it's a rare SL Regiment without several
B) Squeezing in Armoured Sentinels, originally unique to the Steel Legion
C) Avoiding 9 Hydras, because that's probably undesirable for Competition purposes...and unrealistic Adeptus Munitorum planning right there.
D) Throwing in something 'Apocalypsey' or 'Spearheady' for that 3k total.

So, I will try and reply to emails and do other stuff tomorrow (though, technically, it's 1:30am, so I mean today, but I don't...I mean Friday.  Which starts for me when I wake up again.)

Meantimes, is it still Competitively viable to run a squadron of One Hellhound (Hull MM) with one Devil Dog (Hull HF) ??

3 comments:

Death Korps of War said...

well, my Machanised Platoon (thats just the Command squad and 5 Infantry squads) costs roughly 960pts.

PCS: 210pts
Commissar with PW
Platoon Commander with PW
Medic
Platoon Standard
Flamer/Grenade Launcher
Vox Caster
Krak Grenades
Chimera (with Hunter Killer)

IS: 150pts (each)
Sergeant has PW and Melta Bombs
Flamer/Grenade Launcher
Vox Caster
Krak Grenades
Chimera (with Hunter Killer)

for a 2000pts game you can have a Lord Commie as your HQ and have 2 Platoons of these, but thats just stupid...

TheKing Elessar said...

How many times...?

A Vox can't receive orders inside a Chimera, Joe. :(

Makes them crap.

Death Korps of War said...

thats actually the first time you have ever told me off for that...
and so what??? your going to have to disembark the troopers when you want to shoot. and the orders can be used at that point.

but if Dave Taylor is like me he wont use orders anyway....i dont use them cause i dont see the point in them in a mech list. the troopers are mostly staying in the chimera where the orders arent of much use as you say.
but if they are outside, i'd like the option to use them with a re roll.

argue your way round that.....lol

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?