There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, 8 February 2011

Hay Guize! Lil' Help?

Right, so, Dominion Day, yeah?

Don't really fancy the extensive work required in replacing 2 Prisms in 2 weeks (aka, cost) and so planning to not play Eldar. That said, I worked out a way for me to not need 3 Prisms that I rather like, and it sticks two fingers up to the No Special Characters stupidity too. (Sorry guys, but, really? It just makes my flesh crawl...DA just got a well deserved boost, but banning SCs, even though I get why, is another kick in the balls. I also don't see a distinction between Marbo, Deathleaper, the Avatar and the Emperor's Champion. All are Named Unique units...and if all banned then Black Templars, like good Dark Angels, are illegal.)

Briefly, the Eldar list is:
2 Prisms w/ChinCannon
2 Autarchs w/Fusion Gun
3x5 Dragons w/Scatter and ChinCannon
2x5 DAs w/Lance and ChinCannon
5 DAs w/Scatter and ChinCannon
5 Pathfinders

- nice, huh? 8 Grav Tanks, and 5 Infiltrating Scouting Infantry with a 2++...albeit still T3 and barely worthwhile shooting non-ICs/MCs.

But that's not the topic! No!!

I'm playing Tau.

So, here's my list, and I need suggestions/critique/to fill the last 7 points. Oh, and I realise Reil Rifles are overcosted and mediocre. But there are too many turns my Pathfinders seem entirely superfluous...me no likey. Gonna try it out.

Shas'el: Plasma/Missile, Multi-Tracker - 87
6 Fire Warriors - 60
10 Kroot: 3 Hounds - 88
10 Kroot: 3 Hounds - 88
Piranha: Fusion, Target Array - 70
Piranha: Fusion, Target Array - 70
Hammerhead: Disruption, BlackSun, Railgun, Burst - 160
Hammerhead: Disruption, BlackSun, Railgun, Burst - 160
3 Crisis: MPod, Plasma, Multi - 186
3 Crisis: MPod, Plasma, Multi - 186
3 Crisis: MPod, Plasma, Multi - 186
3 Broadside: TLock - 225
6 Pathfinders: 2 Railrifle - 92
DevilFish: Disruption Pod - 85

Thoughts/suggestions/wailing and gnashing of teeth?

Oh, and much obliged to Johnny for his kind offer of Kroot. I shall indeed be taking you up on that - means all I need to do on this end is Fire Warriors conversions to Pathfinders! Result!
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

Post a Comment
There was an error in this gadget

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?