Tuesday 8 February 2011

Hay Guize! Lil' Help?

Right, so, Dominion Day, yeah?

Don't really fancy the extensive work required in replacing 2 Prisms in 2 weeks (aka, cost) and so planning to not play Eldar. That said, I worked out a way for me to not need 3 Prisms that I rather like, and it sticks two fingers up to the No Special Characters stupidity too. (Sorry guys, but, really? It just makes my flesh crawl...DA just got a well deserved boost, but banning SCs, even though I get why, is another kick in the balls. I also don't see a distinction between Marbo, Deathleaper, the Avatar and the Emperor's Champion. All are Named Unique units...and if all banned then Black Templars, like good Dark Angels, are illegal.)

Briefly, the Eldar list is:
2 Prisms w/ChinCannon
2 Autarchs w/Fusion Gun
3x5 Dragons w/Scatter and ChinCannon
2x5 DAs w/Lance and ChinCannon
5 DAs w/Scatter and ChinCannon
5 Pathfinders

- nice, huh? 8 Grav Tanks, and 5 Infiltrating Scouting Infantry with a 2++...albeit still T3 and barely worthwhile shooting non-ICs/MCs.

But that's not the topic! No!!

I'm playing Tau.

So, here's my list, and I need suggestions/critique/to fill the last 7 points. Oh, and I realise Reil Rifles are overcosted and mediocre. But there are too many turns my Pathfinders seem entirely superfluous...me no likey. Gonna try it out.

Shas'el: Plasma/Missile, Multi-Tracker - 87
6 Fire Warriors - 60
10 Kroot: 3 Hounds - 88
10 Kroot: 3 Hounds - 88
Piranha: Fusion, Target Array - 70
Piranha: Fusion, Target Array - 70
Hammerhead: Disruption, BlackSun, Railgun, Burst - 160
Hammerhead: Disruption, BlackSun, Railgun, Burst - 160
3 Crisis: MPod, Plasma, Multi - 186
3 Crisis: MPod, Plasma, Multi - 186
3 Crisis: MPod, Plasma, Multi - 186
3 Broadside: TLock - 225
6 Pathfinders: 2 Railrifle - 92
DevilFish: Disruption Pod - 85

Thoughts/suggestions/wailing and gnashing of teeth?

Oh, and much obliged to Johnny for his kind offer of Kroot. I shall indeed be taking you up on that - means all I need to do on this end is Fire Warriors conversions to Pathfinders! Result!
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

7 comments:

Death Korps of War said...

you made a list that looks like it goes against the tau's usual tactics..........

zob said...

I saw you looking for input over "there" TKE :)

Cut the rail rifles, believe me it doesn't worth it. Add multitrackers to your hammerheads instead. thats much better investment.

zob said...

Oh and loose one of the target locks from the broadsides it's useless if you have points left put targetting array if you need 2 more points put a blacksun filter.

Jonny65 said...

I don't like it, too many guns that can blow up too many of my poor little tanks.

The special characters thing is from the ETC rules. They allow Avatars (isn't there one of those per craftworld anyway?) and the Emperor's Champion, so we do too. 13 of the 16 players signed up so far are trying to qualify for the Ireland or NI ETC teams, so sticking with ETC rules makes sense to them.

Are there any pics about of your other kroot so I can paint mine to (roughly) match?

So far we have a decent representation of armies:
2 Tau
2 SW
2 IG
2 BT
2 Orks
2 Nids
1 BA
1 CSM
1 DA
1 DE

ItsPug said...

Railrifles? Really?

You could take photon grenades on the FWs?

May or may not be able to make it myself, can't get the day booked off but might be able to swap rota days with another guy to get it off, I'll know tomorrow morning.

tzeentchling said...

With only 6 pathfinders, 2 railrifles is 2 too many. Maybe at 8. But only 4 ML shots isn't going to do anything. I'd also drop the BSF from the hammerheads for multitrackers (fire as if fast!). I'd also probably drop the target locks from the Broadsides, and take only 1 TL with HWTL. Dunno how many points this leaves.

Widthofacircle said...

... With the exception of the Rairifles, this is pretty uch exactly the same as my 1750 Tau list...

I find that 2 x 2 Broadsides works nicely too, used in place of one of the hammerheads, using the spare points to buff my kroot walls.

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?