Sunday 6 February 2011

Change of Plans...

One of my colleagues phoned in sick (since she gets paid for 2 sick days a year, I'm more than a little dubious. :/ ) - upshot is, I 'get' to sit in work (well, not much sitting tbh) for an extra 5 hours, and get Saturday 20th off in lieu.

Eagle-eyed viewers of the TKE Show will be aware that that is the weekend of Dominion Day in 'Ballymena hai!' And that means what it says on the tin - TKE is planning another road trip. This time, with actual road travel. Lol

All I need to do is shell out on 2 Fire Prisms... :/ Unpleasant, deeply unpleasant - but I cannot rely on internet delivery in time, and cannot face repairing my existing ones and going through the gut-wrenching feeling when they fall off their flying bases AGAIN.

Quick proviso - if anyone wants to lend me two Prism turrets, I will buy them online to replace theirs if I can paint them, or if anyone has 6 Tau Pathfinders, 4 Kroot and 4 Kroot Hounds to sell/lend/loan me, I could play Tau instead. Bear in mind, I need them 3 colours in time for the event, and won't be able to take any additional time off work to paint, or even playtest in the case of Tau...

Thanks in advance! ...right, back to work then... :(
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

7 comments:

Zenos said...

Good luck TKE.

Death Korps of War said...

whats wrong with your Prism Turrets??? they looked fine when i last saw them.....and if you cant be bothered fixing it, i could give it a shot. getting a bit bored with fixing and breaking Guard Tanks just to fix them again....lol

i'm also a little depressed about it, because i finally built up that Stormsword to just break it for the terrain competition. the act sickened me cause it was £60 down the drain, but it had to be done :(

TheKing Elessar said...

Joe - they both broke for the umpteenth time at WarpCon, and I've had enough of them. Lol.

Are you free the 19th/20th, want to go to Dominion Day?

Jonny65 said...

Cool, I hope you can join us. I've got an old metal prism turret, a bunch of assembled but unpainted kroot, and lots of chaos hounds that are happy to be called kroot hounds for a weekend.

Here's a pic of the turret and the dogs:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/jonny65/TKE.jpg

If you want to use any of that just let me know. I could probably splash 3 colours on a few kroot for you, all I've got to paint is an entire 1750 point guard army and part of the byebuster army. A few extra is not going to make a lot of difference. Lol.

Death Korps of War said...

thats a saturday and sunday? i work saturdays, but i suppose i can get it off. (havent taken a holiday from work in 2 years, so i think im owed a day or 2 off lol.)
but do you not have to be invited by them to play the tournament? or were you saying that someone just asked if you were going??

well what is wrong with them??? the metal parts just fall off??? they just wont stay on the tank??
and even so i'd still like to have a go at them....as said im bored of breaking up my tanks just to fix them. i mean last week i made a General Grizmund for 1 of my tanks to lead 1 of my Companies, and i got no pleasure from it. something must be wrong with me...lol.

Death Korps of War said...

just looked on their site, i cant enter. army list had to be submitted by 5th february

Jonny65 said...

Not sure where you got 5th Feb for list submission deadline. I'd like the lists in by 13th Feb, and you need to have the list corrected by 17th Feb to avoid penalty points.

Dominion Day IV is open to all, I spammed all the nordy forums and beyond with the rulespack.

The full rulespack is here:
http://w-ired.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1019

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?