Wednesday 2 February 2011

Some Dark Thoughts...

So, I've been thinking about the type of army I would rather run at Tournament level than my beloved Eldar, and this has seen me turn my eyes to that forsaken corner of the Webway known as Comorragh, and the Dark Kin.

Well, actually, I wrote a couple other Eldar lists and a couple Templars ones first, but I really think I would enjoy using this DE list.

As I (still! :( ) haven't had the pleasure of playing against 5e DE, I am happy to admit I could be a bit off here - let me know!

Ok, here it is...



Lady Aurelia Malys - 130

Haemonculus - 70
Venom Blade, Hexrifle
Haemonculus - 70
Venom Blade, Hexrifle

5 Wracks - 155
Liquifier, Acothyst (Hexrifle), Raider (Flickerfield)

5 Wracks - 155
Liquifier, Acothyst (Hexrifle), Raider (Flickerfield)

5 Warriors - 125
Blaster, Venom (+Cannon)

5 Warriors - 125
Blaster, Venom (+Cannon)

5 Warriors - 125
Blaster, Venom (+Cannon)

5 Warriors - 125
Blaster, Venom (+Cannon)

Ravager - 115
Flickerfield
Ravager - 115
Flickerfield
Ravager - 115
Flickerfield

3 Reavers - 78
Heat Lance
3 Reavers - 78
Heat Lance
3 Reavers - 78
Heat Lance

3 Mandrakes - 45
3 Mandrakes - 45

Total - 1749. Thoughts?
(And, yes, I accidentally sent it before finishing. Stupid Blackberry...)
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't played using Dark Eldar but I have against them and some units are a nightmare.

The Haemonculus with a web way portal can bring in troops quickly, which can assault that turn.

Agoniser can be annoying chipping wounds off monstrous creatures etc, expensive though.

Phastasm grenade launcher is a nice bit of kit.

Incubi are pretty mean suckers with 3+ armour and power weapons which give +1 strength.

When looking at Wracks I didn't think the Acothyst was worth it, what do they bring to the table?

TheKing Elessar said...

I didn't think Acothysts were worth anything at first reading.

However, extra Hexrifles = Loads of fun.

The opportunity to decimate things like TWC and stuff with no save is hilarious, and not one I wanted to miss out on. Importantly, it provides the unit a significant piece of anti-infantry fire, while the Transport has anti-tank.

Unknown said...

I see. I had a look and while it's true about no armour saves you forgot to mention about a toughness test, obivously against single wound models that would cause carnage. As for TWC I have no idea how many wounds they've got.

Chumbalaya said...

Acothysts are worth it because of Ld9. Even Haemonculi are only Ld8.

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?