Sunday 27 March 2011

Totally Fluffy: Scythes of The Emperor UnCompetitive List

This list is simply what I intend to gravitate towards when using my Scythes in a 2k Campaign-style game...I haven't aay such campaigns planned or anything, but this is going to be my display army for those occasions, or if I ever get around to buying proper glass cabinets.




HQ:

Pedro Kantor: (To Represent Chapter Master Thorcyra.) - 175

Chaplain Cassius : (As fitting an anti-Tyranid character as there is.) - 125

TROOPS:

Tactical Squad Venator:
Multi-Melta, Flamer, Rhino - 205

Tactical Squad Inimitor:
Multi-Melta, Flamer, Rhino - 205

Scout Squad 'Watchful Eye'
3 Sniper Rifles, Missile Launcher, Sergeant Telion - 135

ELITES:

Tyrannic War Veterans Prime:
10 Sternguard, 8 Combi-Meltas, 2 Heavy Flamer, Power Fist, Drop Pod. - 370

Tyrannic War Veterans Secundus:
5 Sternguard, 4 Combi-Plasmas, Lightning Claw, Razorback [Las/Plas] - 235

Terminator Assault Squad Novinox:
5 Thunder Hammer and Storm Shields - 200

FAST ATTACK:

Land Speeder Squadron Tempest:
One Land Speeder [MM, HF] - 70

Land Speeder Squadron Inferno:
One Land Speeder [MM, HF] - 70

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Predator 'Hammer of Wrath' :
Autocannon, Heavy Bolters - 85

Vindicator 'Voice of The Emperor's Glory'
Siege Shield - 125

TOTAL: 2000

Obviously, the list lacks a bunch of critical elements for serious play, but it should certainly look the part, and sometimes that's what an army you build is supposed to do.

As far as building it goes, I'm about 65% done, which is nice - though there's a lot of work after that, especially painting bloody yellow! lol [Tips appreciated, because even though I have to use the same method now for consistency's sake, I'm planning a force of Imperial Fists also, so...]

Some elements of the list are going to be retained for the Competitive Scythes list, ie, the Troops and Fast Attack selections.  They're already Tabletop, though my Speeders maybe need some work, I've lost track of how many are painted to what degree.  Not convinced by the Predator, partly cos I hate and don't rate HBs, partly because I went to the trouble of converting 2 Riflemen, so I'd just employ those instead! lol

3 comments:

Bully said...

It's always good to have a release from competative lists etc and actually get enjoyment out of doing some like this.

Seems like a decent enough list, even for being fluff. Of course 3 SC's etc... not exactly great, but its hardly battleforce or anything.

Any pictures?

My confirmation word is munwit, don't know why that made me chuckle :/

Zenos said...

I'll buy in here... What makes the part with a Vindicator? I totally get the other stuff, but the Pred and Vindi? Not so sure. Elite force of Nid hunters yes... where is your Venerable Dread? Chaplain Dread?

TheKing Elessar said...

There will be some floating around my photobucket, but most of the army looks a little naff at present...this is a continuing project, not a finished one. :)

Zenos - That Vindicator served with distinction on Miral Prime. In the Third Battle for The Giant's Coffin, it achieved 37 confirmed kills on Tyranid warriors before being immobilised by a Carnifex brood. Ancient Pelennor gave his life to rescue the Vindicator, his Seismic Hammer reaping a terrible toll on the Xenos before falling at the hands (?) of the last remaining Dominatrix - though not before gashing it's side sufficiently to force a retreat and an end to the battle.

Following a refit and repairs, the Voice of the Emperor's Glory is back in service to the Imperium, serving with distinction once more.

That, or I already have it painted, and had 125 points to spend. Take your pick. :P

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?