Monday 28 March 2011

Spamming Lists - Sorry! Scythes, Much More Competitive

This is likely the list I will work towards from a playing perspective for my Scythes...I already have a fair bit of it, but I have so many half-built Marines flying around, and discarded lists that it's hard to keep track...especially when I don't play Marines often.

There will be a couple variants here, but it's kinda basic enough that no explanation is needed, IMO.  Ask if unsure, as ever! :)



(Also, as usual, I wrote it without the Codex open, but I'm pretty sure the math is better than some of my other recent work...lol)

Master of the Forge:
Conversion Beamer - 120

Tactical Squad:
Multi-Melta, Flamer, Rhino - 205

Tactical Squad:
Multi-Melta, Flamer, Rhino - 205
Tactical Squad:
Multi-Melta, Flamer, Rhino - 205
Scout Squad:
Snipers, Missile Launcher, Telion - 135

Dreadnought:
Multi-Melta - 105
Dreadnought:
Multi-Melta - 105

Land Speeder Squadron:
2x HF/MM Speeders - 140
Land Speeder Squadron:
2x HF/MM Speeders - 140

Dreadnought:
2x TLAC - 125
Dreadnought:
2x TLAC - 125

TOTAL: 1730 - I think either putting HFs on the MM Dreads or dropping a Speeder for a Libby/dropping a of the HF for a MM Attack Bike/extra Scout bodies works best.

At 2k, I would add a Libby [Null Zone, Second power irrelevant] and 2 Dakka Preds.  Advantage of putting the Libby in the 1750 list (apart from Null and Hood) is that I can split into 3x1 Speeder instead.

Additionally, if I dropped the MM Dreads, I could have another Speeder, and 2 Dakka Preds.  Shrug.

3 comments:

tzeentchling said...

I might consider dropping Telion and a speeder (to run them 3x1), and using the points to either pick up a librarian or (probably my choice) another dreadnought.

Alternately, turn the speeders into 3x1 MM bikes, and add two Dakka Preds - which actually works out points-wise perfectly without dropping Telion.

At 1750, you probably don't need the Librarian so much. Definitely in at 2000!

Digilante said...

Are you concerned that you may have too many scoring bodies? Three full tactical squads plus scout snipers at 1750 seems like a lot.

TheKing Elessar said...

Hrmm. If I drop Telion, the Scouts are simply not very effective, and thus become ablative wounds for the MotF...who's usefulness is insufficient to warrant a squad, thereby seeing my drop him in lieu of a Libby, meaning I have to juggle out 1+ Dreadnoughts...etc etc.

It's awkward, but I live with it.

Brent - Yes, it is - but it adds an additional dimension in that I can sit back more easily with Combat Squads, and have 3 forward elements and 4 'backfield' Troops choices depending on situation. There are certainly much more killy things in the book, but this army is Ethos of Perserverance than it may first appear. :)

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?