There was an error in this gadget

Friday, 15 July 2011

So...what have I missed?

Haven't even been reading any other blogs for a while now, so what's going down? Warseer still full of arrogant idiotic pricks passing themselves off as competent players? Kirby still adding authors? Brent still pleasing anyone with a prefrontal cortex, but irritating the Great Unwashed? (Has a phrase ever more aptly described the type of gamer we dislike? lol) Stelek still pissing off...well...everyone? :p



I imagine with the forthcoming Sisters White Dwarf Dex (can we please have a nice acronym for that?) there's been something of a backlash against GW (understandably!) and maybe some sort of 'No to WD Dexes!' campaign - but I would MUCH rather have shitty multi-part WD ones than £25 hardbacks, just because some MORONS bitch to GW when they can't take care of a book properly!

I mean, I KNOW sometimes you get one where the glue is dodgy - they're mass produced, and done so by GW, you know what you're in for! I still have a bunch of Codexes and Rulebooks (Wargear book, Codex Imperialis, Dark Millennium etc) from 2nd Edition and more recent, and nearly all of mine are in excellent condition.  It's not like they're barely used, either - you don't get to be as au fait with unit entries and rules as I without leafing through fairly regularly.

I know online that probably looks like bluster and hot air, but when I played my friend Joe last Tuesday, I corrected him thrice in succession about wargear about his army (Tau) and theirs isn't even a Codex I would claim to know well (admittedly, there isn't a HUGE amount of variety to try and learn...but I haven't a baldy how many points a Vespid is [ok, I think 23, but I'm probly horribly wrong] or the statline of an Ethereal [possibly 2/4/3/3/3/4/2/10/-??]

Point it? Suck it up ballbags, I'd take a WD Dex over a stupid clumsy hardback anyday.  Not like I give a shit about cutting up that glossy rag anymore - not like when I was a kid (the 90s) and that would've been a kind of blasphemy.  I mean, I like the option of carrying my Codex in the figure case - and no goddamn way a hardback goes in with my banner poles, extended sword arms, antennae, flying bases etc etc.  RPG'ers like them, cos they have nothing else to carry but some dice and a file block or whatever.  The practice of travelling to games needs to be EASIER for GW games, not harder.

Anyway...back to me.

So, recently been playing with BA a lot (I believe I mentioned this?) although the hodge-podge of miniatures I'm using makes for a definitive lack of photography.  Well, my Zerks had to find something to do other than wait for a new Codex...if only more than three were painted...

My list has gone through an extensive period of testing and refinement, and I think I am coming close to something I really like.  I have been advised to drop the Priests, in favour of an extra Razor Squad, but I am of the opinion that giving my Marines FnP and FC is much more valuable than an extra hull. YMMV, ofc.

This is what I'm planning to run for my next game at 2k...

Librarian:
Shield, Sword, Infernus - 115

Librarian:
Shield, Sword, Infernus - 115

Priest:
Power Weapon
Priest:
Power Weapon - 130

Assault Squad:
Melta, Razor [L/P, Dozer] - 170
Assault Squad:
Melta, Razor [L/P, Dozer] - 170
Assault Squad:
Melta, Razor [L/P, Dozer] - 170
Assault Squad:
Melta, Razor [L/P, Dozer] - 170
Assault Squad:
Melta, Razor [HF, Dozer] - 140





2 Land Speeders:
MM, HF - 140
2 Land Speeders:
MM, HF - 140
2 Land Speeders:
MM, HF - 140

Predator:
AutoLas - 135
Predator:
AutoLas - 135
Predator:
AutoLas - 135

TOTAL: 2k exactly.

Thoughts? :)










---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Jason1975 for not calling me an idiot. Hahaha
Post a Comment
There was an error in this gadget

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?