There was an error in this gadget

Monday, 12 September 2011

Doing this blogging thing...

It's been a while, yeah, whatever. :p

Haven't gone anywhere, and you may have seen me posting comments here and on YTTH as usual lately, if somewhat more infrequently than I'd like.



That said, at the minute YTTH is irritating, due to Stelek's insistence that it's illegal to 'powerslide'.

Don't get me wrong, I understand what he's saying, but it's bullshit.  There is NO rule that prohibits ANY vehicle from moving laterally, despite his claims to the contrary...and I don't want to be a dick, so I haven't pointed it out - this isn't an emo post behind his back either, it's just the reason I can't be bothered with the site right now.

As you have seen, there's a lot going on around here despite my lack of obvious output, Width is proceeding apace with his Eldar scribblings, and I have thrown a few scraps into the melting pot so far, hopefully I can find the time/motivation to get the finger out properly and get my thinking cap on...sadly, THQ's Space Marine is taking up quite a bit of my freizeit at the moment, it's more than a little addictive to actually fuck Orks and Chaos Marines up like I always imagined.  Well...not EXACTLY as I imagined, but close enough.

That and a few months of IRL unpleasantness *BORING ALERT* has seen a marked decrease in my desire to really talk about anything at length - and I'd much rather not blog at all than throw out half an article masquerading as a Deep Thought or a balanced report of a Tournament...just as examples. ;)

Yes, yes, previous evidence to the contrary aside.

As you may know, I have been slowly but steadily building a Blood Angels force for the last several months - or rather, playtesting it extensively, using a mixture of variously coloured Marines, not even always all belonging to me.  It has reached a stage where I am happy with the list, and am beginning to make the terrifying-if-in-one-lump-sum financial commitment to the army.  Fortunately, a few of the things I already owned (a BA Battleforce, some Razorbacks, some ASM) and so this reduces the outlay.  For reference, the list:

Librarian - Shield, Sword, Infernus - 115
Librarian - Sword, Shield, Infernus - 115
5 ASM - Melta, L/P Razor - 165
5 ASM - Melta, L/P Razor - 165
5 ASM - Melta, L/P Razor - 165
5 ASM - Melta, L/P Razor - 165
5 ASM - Melta, HF Razor - 130
Priest - PW - 65
Priest - PW - 65
2 Speeders - MM/HF - 140
2 Speeders - MM/HF - 140
2 Speeders - MM/HF - 140
Predator - AutoLas - 135

Predator - AutoLas - 135
Predator - AutoLas - 135
 - Oh and Dozers for the Razors.  2k on the nose.

Don't need to buy any more infantry per se, but I love the bling too much. :(

Have also decided upon a Space Wolf army Imma build, seeing as I also have one of their Battleforces I picked up unused second hand cheaply...

Rune Priest - Chooser, Lightning, Storm - 110
5 Scouts - Melta - 85
5 Scouts - Melta - 85
Wolf Guard:
2 Combi-Melta, Power Fist;
4 Combi-Melta - 178
5 Grey Hunters - Melta, L/P Razor - 155
5 Grey Hunters - Melta, L/P Razor - 155
5 Grey Hunters - Melta, L/P Razor - 155
5 Grey Hunters - Melta, L/P Razor - 155
2 Speeders - MM/HF - 140
2 Speeders - MM/HF - 140
2 Speeders - MM/HF - 140
5 Fangs - 4 MLs, L/P Razor - 190
5 Fangs - 4 MLs, L/P Razor - 190
5 Fangs - 4 MLs, L/P Razor - 190

...What do you mean they're the same list?? They totally aren't.  Anyway...

I have an article I want to write for Kirbs, in an embryonic stage, hopefully it will germinate.  

Finally, a public apology to Dethtron - I meant to reply re Blog Idol, and Real Life got in the way, but I was flattered and privileged to be asked.  I'm only sorry I missed the opportunity.  When things get back on a more even keel, will do something special to make it up to you.  Haha.

PS - this is in no way an apology for Reals getting inbetween me and blogging.  It happens, deal with it. :p
Post a Comment
There was an error in this gadget

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?