Sunday 13 November 2011

A Little Filler

Hello,

It's been an awfully long time since I posted on here, especially considering the ongoing ECP and my contributions...

I have recently had some pretty significant changes and things going on in my real-life, such as concerts to perform at and attend (Tchaikowsky's 4th Symphony is so tiring), finally acquiring a job at a local lab and going on emergency trips to and from London. Needless to say, I have been very busy, doing everything but blogpostwriting. During and before my miniature hibernation, the Newcrons arrived, and failed to impress me, but were a dour sign of things to come (interesting, characterful rules and terrible Fluffretconning) for the Xenos if M. Ward continues to write these codexes. Let Mister Kelly write the new Eldar 'dex please GW...

With regards to my hobby projects, the ECP is still ongoing if on a backburner of sorts, and has not been abandoned - my reading time is more devoted to other matters as it happens - I am steadily absorbing and analysing more Warmahordes stuff whilst steadily painting up and basing my wee Retribution of Scyrah force.

I should have another ECP post completed by the end of the week, the long awaited Warlocks and Bonesinger....

Well....

Cease communiqé

5 comments:

Death Korps of War said...

Was told that the Necron codex was designed with 6th ed in mind (Out in July apparently, but you people probably know this) which is probably why nothing seems to stand out in the codex.

TheKing Elessar said...

I find that hard/impossible to believe /irrelevant.

Death Korps of War said...

what? That its out in July???

I also find it hard to believe, and I did put in the word "apparently", symbolising my sceptism.

And it was Paddy in the shop that told me, so that adds a little more sceptism to it. He even took me to one side to tell me in a hushed voice....only after i said that the Cron dex failed to impress me.

TheKing Elessar said...

No, that it was "written for 6th" - GW proved in the past (Daemons, Orks) they were incapable of writing Codexes for future iterations of the game very well, and when the army maintains competitiveness for a time (Eldar, CSM, Nids) it's accidental, and they are swiftly eclipsed/outdated by their predecessors.

I'm no GW-hater, but I have no faith in their ability to plan ahead appropriately.

Death Korps of War said...

ah....right

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?