Monday 30 January 2012

More Adventures....

Hello...

I have been frantically busy, and my personal life is getting a bit in the way, but I do have a few things to show/ tell you.



With regards to the Eldar Codex Project... things are *very* active behind the scenes, with the bestiary almost finished, the wargear section finished and the special rules being slowly compiled, but as my laptop is slowly dying, you may have to wait until it's all done before I upload a pdf of a section for you to gobble up...

I recently had my first game with my corsairs army (proxied of course) and it went interestingly, as in I was tabled... Unsurprising considering I was up against a SW army and was seized on... but nevermind. The second game was much more fun than the first with the Prince carving his way through a large unit of Assault Termies, the Nightwing destroying a couple of Land Raiders and a Stormraven, and a Felarch killing Mephiston with a power weapon (after Mephy had raped the rest of the squad....)

My painting efforts have slightly slowed due to the extreme cold and a difficult and stressful personal life, but I have some stuff to show you...

Work in progress basing....


Pictures of my first Corsair Prince....

Guardian Head, Fusion Pistol from the FW Corsair kit and sword from the Autarch model... He will be mounted on the big base with a bit more added on top of what you can see up there... ^

Pictures of my Nightwing... perhaps the most beautiful model I have ever made...


oh and the two Eldar Birds 'mating' (NSFW)


I intend to have the Corsair Squad completely painted by the end of next week, as well as the Nightwing you see above and the Prince before I venture out to do another 15 infantry *shudders* as well as a few tanks, Wasps and a couple more flyers.


ECP alpha will be along in a couple of weeks, just let me finish these PhD applications first... ;)

4 comments:

Von said...

You'd better not be applying for Humanities Ph.D.s, otherwise I may have to kill you. Purely to eliminate some competition, you understand. Nothing personal.

TheKing Elessar said...

Width, you're making me feel guilty for my lack of modelling work lately...Lol.

DK said...

How you doing your snow? I have been testing methods, and i am still unhappy.

Widthofacircle said...

TKE: Haha, to be fair, I model stuff up very quickly as I have planned things weeks in advance. Such is life when earning tiny amounts at a job I hate... It gets me through the day. The Nightwing has been on my mind a while.

DK: The recipe is as follows:

Stick on Sand, paint a shade of white, badab black to shade it. Stick on clumps of static grass and whilst drying heavily go over with badab black/ gloss varnish. Then add clumps of snow as desired, finishing with more gloss varnish on the snow and sprinkling on a tiny bit more snow before adding model to base.

Von:

Marine biology, not humanities.... ;)

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?