Saturday 4 February 2012

Future Plans...

Just a brief update to let me procrastinate the moving house I'm ostensibly doing.



Plans for this year include going to at least 2 tournaments, like I managed last year.  Ideally, I'll get in at least a third, maybe even fourth, and it'd be nice to actually host one, though not playing will make me sad panda.

I could use the opportunity to get some painting done while the chumps I get to fork over their hard-earned to me, which I suppose would make up in part... Doubt I'd actually do it though, more likely I'd just hang around tables idly chatting and inadvertently putting players off.  Lol.

WRT painting, and the Blood Angels army I'm supposedly doing...moving house has been a real PITA in terms of actually getting anything done, in that I haven't.  Even more annoyingly, Forge World have released an amazing looking old-school Predator kit, and I'm compelled by my aesthetic sensibilities to get myself some.  :(

It just looks soooooo good, dammit.

Still, the army WILL be done for July, that's my aim, and I will have it 3 colours by then, minimum.

On the blogging front, I have an article on Blood Bowl to throw out to the e-masses, based on some old, old stuff I wrote not long after buying the last GW release of it, which, if you remember, had no rules for league play or any sort of experience track - go Amateur Design Hour!

After I've got my gear all sorted from the move, I plan to get in a little play-test of the 'leaked' PDF for teh lulz, I'm sure it'll be a LOT of fun.  Naturally, no list-tailoring for the new Edition, cos where's the fun in that?

One of the saddest things I have to face is atticing [verb; putting in the attic/storing out of the way of easy access in order to facilitate better overall storage] my old White Dwarves - pretty much every one except the WD Sisters 'Dex' issues are going into the Great Beyond of my mum's for some future time I have need of them once more, like some sort of publicated Knights of Camelot.

RIP HMS Dwarf, and all who sailed in her.

8 comments:

Death Korps of War said...

Ha ha....."sailed in her"...lol

Anyway, less of the jovenile thinking....

Just who do you intend to get to try out these 'leaked' rules?
I cant think of anyone who would want to give them a try.

Widthofacircle said...

I am having to sell off a large collection of my 40k to make room for my Corsair force. Flyers take up so much space (as I learnt from my aborted Elysians > 5 valkyries are simply too big to live in a cupboard..). It is too cold to do any painting as I have to undercoat stuff first. It's ironic that I want to paint snowy stuff and it's snowing, preventing me from doing snowy stuff.

Baaah.

Did you take a look at the rough pdf i sent you? There have been a few changes since. I want to get a TKE seal of approval before I start publishing it on here...

Loquacious said...

Am I daft? Didn't you just move house last year?

Death Korps of War said...

Indeed he did, but due to circumstances outside of his control he has to move once again.

Duce said...

He's a dirty hobo? roaming house to house.

Death Korps of War said...

I said circumstances outside of his control....lol

Hobos can change their lifestyle. Just have to give Rick time...

TheKing Elessar said...

@DKoW - Mark's going to be my fellow guinea pig. We have already had plenty of laughs at the 'quality' of the leaked 'rules' and I'm sure when we try them at Arkham it'll be...memorable... Hahaha.

@WoaC - Haha, I know what you mean, both weather and space are issues for me atm. :(

Sadly, I haven't read it through yet, I plan to do it asap, but I'm trying not to procrastinate moving the last of my gear from my old house.

@Loq - :D Thanks! It actually means a lot for someone I've (sadly) never met to actually remember that. Yeah, moved in with a work colleague, he's got a better offer, so I had to move again. Ah well.

@Duce - It's been too long since I kicked your toy soldiers' ass, apparently, you're getting mouthy again. ;)

Duce said...

Sir I believe you forget, I didn't even need sarchlights to hit your toy soldiers, ;)

You need to learn 2 things sir, 1 that barricade will be used by sneaky attack bikes to shoot you while blood angels DOA keeps you busy wit thargets to kill, and 2, my guard don't care about their men's lives with blast weapons. Thus I always win no matter the death rate :)

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?