Tuesday 1 May 2012

Abhuman Defenders of Golgotha...

We all know what these squat abhumans are or were, mentioned only briefly and not by name, in the imperial Guard Codex.  (Page 24, if you're interested.)

I've been giving it some thought this morning, as I had my breakfast, and came up with some initial ideas for a nice little homebrew of how to represent them.

I have more ideas than I have time to type up now, but here's some teaser stuff...


Warrior Brotherhood:
Unit;  6-18 Warriors
WS  BS   S      T     W     I       A    Ld     Sv
4 3 3 4 1 2 1 8 5+

Wargear; Lasgun, Flak Armour, Frag Grenades, Close Combat Weapon
Options:
Exchange Lasgun with;
Boltgun
Bolt Pistol
Equip the unit with;
Krak Grenades
Carapace Armour
Power Armour
One model in every three may replace his Lasgun with;
Flamer
Meltagun
Plasma Blaster
Ion Rifle
Ion Carbine
Ion Mortar

Stats:
Plasma Blaster 18" S6 AP3 Rapid Fire
Ion Carbine 18" S4 AP6 Assault 3
Ion Mortar 24"S5 AP5 Heavy 3, Barrage
Ion Rifle 36" S6 AP4 Heavy 3

3 comments:

ItsPug said...

Are there points to go along with this TKE? 'Cause we can't tell if they're OP, balanced or crap until we know what your charging for them.

Mark said...

I feel like the Ion weapons should do something special (haywire, maybe?) other than their high rate of fire, otherwise why not just call them something like a bolt/solid slug weapon.

Also, Squats have always struck me as being a bit hardier than normal humans. Maybe make 'em T4?

TheKing Elessar said...

Ideas certainly worth considering. Now the tourny is out of the way, perhaps this project will get a bit further along. :)

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?