Thursday 19 July 2012

Just to Formalise My Claims of Precognisance...

This whole 'models are able to Snap Shoot while Pinned' malarky - I suggested, over a year ago, that Dark Angels Intractable special rule should see them able to fire whilst Pinned, but always counting as having moved irrespective of the reality.



So, I'm formally predicting that, if included in their new Codex, Dark Angels will in fact be able to fire normally whilst Gone To Ground.

To be honest, I'd find that a very interesting and characterful rule - rather than the luck-sacky shit we have to deal with now.



Awesome pic courtesy of creativetwilight.com

3 comments:

Thor said...

With DA being the first 6th book, as far as rumors go, I have no doubt that we'll see not only that but also our first flakk firing missiles.

I was also thinking. Rumors have DA with a plasma cannon totting Predator. Blasts can't snap fire but I'm willing to bet the DA version will be able to.

Thanks for the mention too.

Death Korps of War said...

Im still waiting for Lumbering Behemoth on the Russ to be changed so that it makes the Russ count as a 'Heavy' vehicle at combat speed.

It'll not happen, but one can hope.

One would have thought that the designers (as bad as they are) would have gone through all the codices to check what rules may have needed changed, or what rules they made redundant.

Lumbering behemoth is one of those rules. Now all it does is force Guard players to roll for cruising speed.

Splinter said...

I'm thinking of a comment from GW about the last DA Codex... I forget who it was but the short of it was that the landspeeder tornado should have been reserved for the Dark Angels only.

I'd like to 'hope', make a far fetched speculation, but...

I'd like to see Ravenwing Landspeeders get the 'skyfire' and 'interceptor' rule. Perhaps even make it an 'upgrade' to pay for those rules.

I'll be in some corner... plotting... and building scouts...

CK

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?