Tuesday 28 July 2009

Evolution of a List, part Three: Pride

Well, in the Comment on his previous list, Greg offered the following:

Yriel
155

6 Fire Dragons
Wave Serpent
-Bright Lance
-Spirit Stones
241

5 Dire Avengers
Wave Serpent
-Bright Lance
-Spirit Stones
205

5 Dire Avengers
Wave Serpent
-Bright Lance
-Spirit Stones
205

5 Dire Avengers
Wave Serpent
-Bright Lance
-Spirit Stones
205

6 Pathfinders
144

Fire Prism
115

Fire Prism
115

Fire Prism
115

total: 1500

let me know what you think :)

Spot on. This is a list I would be happy to run myself at 1500. Admittedly, I'm disappointed that more Dragons can't really be crowbar'd in, but, what can you do.

Congrats Greg on reaching a high-point of List Fu (perhaps the last time I use Stelek's phrase here...it's funny, but not really my kinda phrase.)

I admit, I find myself wondering if the 3rd Prism could be dropped for more Dragons, as I type this, but, overall, I'm delighted that I've had a positive influence on Greg's game. I hope that anyone else having trouble with their list can learn from this example - and you can always email me at Mindwar_FTW@hotmail.com if you have a question, or want me to review an army list.

Stay classy, Planet Earth! (While I'm stealing other people's phrases. This also will NEVER return to the blog.)

4 comments:

thehod said...

What do you got for 1850?

TheKing Elessar said...

Sorry Hod, I've been really busy packing, and haven't had any time to give this thought - but I'll put up an 1850 variant below this in a couple days...simply adding 100 points doesn't do much for me - it often is difficult to stick to the theme that way.

Linkdead said...

I've been following the thread over on Heresy and I saw this one here and it's inspired me to build an Eldar army. I can't say I've ever been a fan of Eldar either.

What do you think of this list built using the same template but with Eldrad?

Eldrad
210

5 Fire Dragons
Wave Serpent
-Bright Lance
-Spirit Stones
225

10 Dire Avengers
-Exarch
-Dual Catapults
-Bladestorm
Wave Serpent
-Spirit Stones
-Bright Lance
297

10 Dire Avengers
-Exarch
-Dual Catapults
-Bladestorm
Wave Serpent
-Spirit Stones
-Bright Lance
297


5 Pathfinders
120

Fire Prism
115

Fire Prism
115

Fire Prism
115

total: 1494

Unknown said...

That list looks very familiar, was it by any chance posted by a "bobdole4eva" ;)

I'd recommend replacing a single Avenger (Eldrad will make the unit back up to 10) with a 6th Fire Dragon :)

Good Hunting

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?