Thursday 11 March 2010

WTFBBQROFLCOPTEROVERWATCH?!?!?!11!

From GW's latest PDF, a new addition ot the Battle Missions supplement...



"Defensive Fire: The defenders have set up deadly
ambushes and fire-traps. To represent this the attacker’s
and defender’s Shooting phases are swapped around.
I.e. the defender shoots after the attacker has moved,
and the attacker shoots after the defender has moved!
Note that units can still run instead of shooting.
The sequence of play for a game turn is thus:
Attacker Moves
Defender Shoots (and runs)
Attacker Assaults
Defender Moves
Attacker Shoots (and runs)
Defender Assaults
To keep things simple, units may assault different units
to those they fired at in the Shooting phase, and all
units are assumed to have been stationary in their
Movement phase for the purposes of shooting."


...Guh.

I swear to fuck, if anyone tries to make me play a Tournament using that guff I'll actually cry. How the fuck are IG going to use Orders now?? They really didn't think it through in relation to existing rules, they just thought it would be cool and went ahead and did it.

And when I read the synopsis before the full rule I was excited too. Sigh.

In other news, one of my Fire Prisms broke. Sad panda.

:(


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it when it says to keep things simple may assault different units from what you shot at. How does this entire mission make things simple?

TheKing Elessar said...

Yeah, Design Team Fail there...they actually mean either:
a) They themselves got confused in the 2/3 playtests they did OR
b) They though it was a lot more fun not having to remember, and thereby think.

Ad Astra said...

I shudder to think about the coming fallout from the battle mission book. Tourney organizers already think the book is "neat" and are planning to use them for tourney missions. Between that and everybody adopting comp scores in the area, tournaments really suck ballz now, I feel like I've been teleported to Australia!

TheKing Elessar said...

I feel for you. It took a lot of effort to ensure no comp in my local GT-equivalent last year...and I'm coming late to the same fight this year. Let's hope, eh?

Mike Howell said...

So, if Eldar uses doom on a unit at the start of their turn, make sure you run them then move/embark to safety. If Eldar uses guide, engage that unit in cc so they can't shoot. Got it.

What are the IG orders issues?

Cyklown said...

Really? Really? Fuuuck.

Cyklown said...

Google standarized their accounts for freaking everyingthing and yet doesn't default to showing my display name? Well, that's less moronic than that mission, I suppose.

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?