There was an error in this gadget

Monday, 5 April 2010

Nid thoughts...

I was just on the Northern Wasters Forum, and read a Nid army list the guys are considering for the ETC.
It got me thinking - the only Nid army I've written thus far was a Peek-A-Boo, and I'm pretty sure I never posted it.  (It was shit anyway.  lol)

Anyway, so I just came up with this...



"Tyranid Prime - 100
Lash Whip, Bonesword, Deathspitter.

2x Hive Guard - 100

2x Hive Guard - 100

Zoanthrope - 60

10 Termagaunts - 60
Toxin Sacs

10 Termagaunts - 60
Toxin Sacs

Tervigon - 185
Toxin Sacs, Catalyst [TROOPS]

Tervigon - 185
Toxin Sacs, Catalyst [TROOPS]

Harpy - 180
TL Heavy Venom Cannon, Toxin Sacs

Harpy - 180
TL Heavy Venom Cannon, Toxin Sacs

Tyrannofex - 265
Rupture cannon, Dessicator Larvae

Tyrannofex - 265
Rupture cannon, Dessicator Larvae

The Zoanthrope was because 70 points were left...it'll soak some fire up and die, and could prove good against armies with no Psychic Defence. Otherwise I think the army offers a fair bit of ranged punch, between Tervigons, Hive Guard and Harpies - it's got some significant CC power in there too, and enough survivability to outlast most enemy armies' Troops. Target Priority for the foe will be hard, with the Tervigons advancing into midfield with the Termagaunts, and the HG, TFexes and Harpies providing some serious suppression fire. Even BA Drop armies would be hard pressed to get in amongst the Hive, because of the sheer amount of table it can take up.

As I said though, I've never played Nids, and don't know, there may be an obvious flaw I've missed..."







Any feedback from those of you with Nid experience is more than welcome! :)
Post a Comment
There was an error in this gadget

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?