Saturday 26 June 2010

Getting the excuses in early...

1) Only 2 hours for a 2k game? really? As if Doubles wasn't already slower than regular 40k...

2) I felt horrible all day Friday, and my goodness I've done a horrible job 'finishing' the army as a result.

3) 4 hours sleep.  Sigh.  If only I could take my own advice.

4) Compared to my play time with Eldar, Orks, or even Chaos, my time with SM is virtually nil.  Expect a screw up.  Or several.

5) A wizard did it.

6) Having a teammate is a horrid handicap.  :p

7) I didn't really care either way, because it's not actually a tournament, it's a Hobby Event.

8) I wasn't allowed to play naked, which was my primary tactic.

...There, that's enough excuses I suppose.  Oh, they cheated (all of them) the dice betrayed me, and my tape measure shrank in the wash.

Well, on to that 4hrs sleep, then the Tournament starting at 10am tomorrow.

I'll try and let you know how I got on Day One, er...after it ends.  lol

10 comments:

Big Jim said...

Good luck TKE! May your dice be blessed by the gods of dice!

Messanger of Death said...

Kill Them. Kill Them All*.

Messanger

*we all know your a dirty power gamer so you can't have fun ;)

Brent said...

Messanger is right - you ARE a dirty power gamer.

That's why we like you.

Kick ass, Sea Bass.

Brent

Farmpunk said...

ow. 4hrs sleep?

may coffee and energy drinks fuel your victories.
ok, and propping up a naked picture of Elanor Roosevelt or Bea Arthur photoshopped with a naked TKE.

or something.
go get 'em TKE. see why SM's are all-around tools

Anonymous said...

Good luck the King!

Gmorts Chaotica said...

Sleep is overrated anyway, or so I'm told.

Caffeine FTW!

TheKing Elessar said...

I can only assume that, despite your well-wishes, the luck got lost in the Warp en route to my hand.

That, or the fact that I used my Ulthwe dice meant that my failure was for the good of the Craftworld. lol

See post above.

Chumbalaya said...

Eldrad's a dick.

Anonymous said...

Ouch, sounds rough.

That's a much better set of excuses than the usual complaints, since yours are funny.

TheKing Elessar said...

Thanks CG, though, turns out some of them were horribly accurate.

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?