Friday 15 October 2010

I've had no internet the last two days...

So, I'm sure you already know, but Dark Eldar have Harlequins in the army list.  They are exactly the same as in the Codex: Eldar entry, right down to the stupid lack of a dedicated Transport option.  GoGoGadget 4e units!

Really though, this means they pretty much suck.  The DE aren't exactly expensive overall, from what I saw, but the simple fact is they are no CSM either, and their seemingly very good design means they won't be hamstrung by running out of FoC before points and forced to waste any anywhere, and thereby take Harlies over super-Wyches, or Incubi, or Mandrakes, or Grotesques, or super-Warriors...

Ugh.

As Chumby points out, they have a truly phenomenal assault range...and they may well be better than Mandrakes.  All the same...they suck for Eldar, and they suck even harder for Darkies.

When you have Truebloods...I mean, Trueborn, running around with a shitload of Blasters and whatnot, instead of mediocre combat troops (that don't score, like Wyches...) that carry a pair of THREE INCH Meltas...yeah.  Suck, with a capital City.  :-/

Chumby, don't forget to send me that document.  *Nudgenudgewinkwink* Say no more. ;-)

5 comments:

Chumbalaya said...

The Harlequin entry is very disappointing. I really wish they had taken the time to revamp them, or include something cool like the Solitaire.

Messanger of Death said...

According to rumours from Games Day Uk Mr Kelly was told by higher ups that he had to use the exact same entry from Codex: Eldar... which is stoopidz.

Messanger

TheKing Elessar said...

That would because GWHQ doesn't see them as shit. They see the sales and assume they're fine, irrespective of the fact that people were just excited to get new Harlies. :(

Well, that and them being boneriffic in 4e...

Iggy said...

Yeah, i'm totally pissed that Harlies are unchanged - considering they're copied and pasted from a 4th Codex to a 5th Ed Codex.

Still though, I'd love to get a rockin' Dark Eldar clown list.

Sorrowshard said...

I agree , very upset they did not 'fix' the harlies , does not bode well for future Eldar releases ...

Oh well, there is plenty of actual good stuff to play with.

Talking of things that upset me, given that Drahzzar *coughAhracoughcough* Is essentially exactly the same as the 'current' phoenix lords (high cost, no invun, meh) that makes him really poo for 230 points and is also a potential cause for worry on any future Eldar book......

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?