Thursday 7 October 2010

So, new Dark Eldar, huh?

They look really sweet, don't they?  That question is rhetorical, don't feel you have to answer...

Anyway, having had a good look at these awesome figures, without even having seen the rules, I know I just have to have some.  Which is good, since I haven't even considered playing the game since Reach came out.  I mean, sure, I've thought about painting a bit, but haven't done any.  It's a shame, but, to be honest, I'm not that fussed right now.  Reach is a really solid game, and I'm having a lot of fun...plus, I'd really love to actually get all of the Achievements in a game before they screw it up with DLC Achievements...since that's not something I have ever achieved.  (Admittedly, I haven't really put much effort into trying...)

Either way, that's academic.

Most of my free time right now is spent trying to get that elusive Major 1 Promotion, and then progress to Lt. Colonel so the final rank-based Achievement is mine, and hopefully snag the two Legendary Completion ones at the same time.  Fuck knows how I'm going to kill the Corvette quickly enough, but I has a theory...

As a result, my output of articles isn't gonig to see a drastic riuse any time soon.  It'd be great if my compadres could put stuff up, such as that unfinished article by MoD...but if you guys are busy with your lives, I get it.  Hopefully I will get my greasy mitts off the 360 Controller and onto a DE Codex soon, and it will inspire me to immediately purchase and build an army.  Well...not that I WANT to spend £500 in one go... :-/

Anyway, this has been an update on things chez TKE.




Also, Darkwynn is a Kill-Stealer.  That is all.  :p

7 comments:

Iggy said...

He's back!
For sure I'm getting some Dark Eldar. They have such an interesting style of gameplay evident from the rules about the net atm.

One of the guys at our club was talking about how they have to 'earn' their bonuses, the pain points. No FnP for free for instance, means you have to work for your goodies, and it really encourages aggressive play, which is what my Eldar are all about these days.

I've refrained from posting on BoLs in reaction to the awful 'Av 10 sucks' article. If you've read it, it'll either make you laugh or rage :p

Unknown said...

TBH I didn't see what all the rave was about Reach, or any other Halo game TBH. Just another FPS shooter. Good game, good graphics but I think it's over hyped personaly. I've played better.

Chumbalaya said...

Reach is phenom, loving it so far. I understand completely, TKE. Now come help me do 50 firefights :P

Iggy said...

I meant to get around to Reach eventually, I just knew if I got it sooner, i'd never play my ODST or Halo 3, so I'm just getting through them first :p

Messanger of Death said...

I have an unfinished article? ... Oh yeah I do. *Awkwardsilence*

Messanger

Sorrowshard said...

Reach was cool defo a grower, seemed to enjoy it more on the second run through.

Will always miss chief :'o(

Just got all but the bikes on GW pre order for DE , Ill wait and get online discount as 21.00 for 3 models is a bit mental ...

Im jizzing in my pants at the prospect of the flyers tho, dream come true , this may even see my vanilla eldar pushed into second army status permanently....

TheKing Elessar said...

LOL! Chumby, I have 38 done already...keep up! :p

MoD - AT LEAST one. Ahem.

Mercer - you're wrong. You have never played better. :p

Iggy - when you get around to some Firefight action in ODST for Achievements, gimme a bell, see if I can join, since it only allows friends, not Matchmaking (unless you have enough ODST-playing friends you don't want my contribution, lol) as I don't have them all myself.

Sorrowshard - I agree...the end of the daytime New Alexandria was def even sadder second time around. I hate being so powerless, even as a Spartan. Twas like New Mombasa getting glassed all over again...

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?