Monday 13 December 2010

Kids - Drugs Are Bad. They cause irreparable damage to your brain...see example below.

I have been linked to something that was both hilarious and insanely disturbing.  I've actually decided it best to leave the link until later in the article [EDITORS NOTE - I'm going to do this in three parts, link in the third,  Fans of 3++ will already know the thing to which I refer though.] and to face you with some lists first.  Lists that will initially seem odd, wrong, or illegal.  I assure you - under this crackpot system, they are not.  

If the author of these ideas is reading - start HERE. 
Firstly, some of this is good.  Like, what you're trying to do to make Necrons able to compete with Mech lists by radically cutting prices and such until they get a new book.
Unfortunately, you go FAR too far with the scale of your changes, basically crippling the 5e Codexes in their DELIBERATE design of producing mass mechanised forces...y'know, like how REAL LIFE armies work, and future armies in EVERY Sci-Fi ever?

I appreciate that this must have been time consuming, and I appreciate the effort that went into it.  You showed great commitment to the cause, and your dedication to your Hobby is an example.

Now, moving on - under these restrictions, this Ork list is possible...

Looted Wagon:
Boomgun - 70

Looted Wagon:
Boomgun - 70
Looted Wagon:
Boomgun - 70Big Gunz:
Kannon, Kannon, Kannon, +1 Krew - 63

[I still haven't used ANY FoC slots...]

12 Boyz:
Rokkit Launcha - 82
12 Boyz:
Rokkit Launcha - 82
12 Boyz:
Rokkit Launcha - 82
12 Boyz:
Rokkit Launcha - 82
12 Boyz:
Rokkit Launcha - 82


5 Lootas:
Deffgun - 75
5 Lootas:
Deffgun - 75

Battlewagon:
Deff Rolla, Kannon,  3 Rokkit Launchas, RPJ, GRiggerz, Killcannon - 180
Battlewagon:
Deff Rolla, Kannon,  3 Rokkit Launchas, RPJ, GRiggerz, Killcannon - 180

Big Mek:
Kustom Force Field - 85

[So far, that's merely 1278]

Warbuggies:
Rokkit Launcha, Rokkit Launcha, Skorcha - 110
Warbuggies:
Rokkit Launcha, Rokkit Launcha, Skorcha - 110

[That's an insane 1500 list, as it costs 1498.  The only way to counter this BS would be to play higher points levels...]

Part one over...next we shall try and whack out some Marine variants.

2 comments:

ItsPug said...

Where did you find this? We, well ok - I, demands a linky

Anonymous said...

Please link...

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?