Sunday 30 January 2011

Urk!

Just 6 hours sleep? Bah!  Stupid Robin Williams.  Watching 1991's The Fisher King instead of writing last night's blog post for 2 hours or whatever kinda neutralised any advantage I sought by going to sleep instead of going out drinking (not that I could properly afford it anyway! lol) ...my only real hope now is that my opponents are hungover and capitulate! Haha.

How many litres of coffee can one safely drink?

...

It WAS a good film though.  Well, it was entertaining. In hindsight, it wasn't truly all that good.  Well, that's not fair either.  Watch it yourselves, if you've never seen it.  Well worth a go.  It was nominated for 7 Academy Awards, so that's not too shabby.

Back to today...the missions remaining are Capture and Control on Pitched Battle, and Seize Ground (5 Obj) on DoW (I think it's on DoW...?)

Frankly, C&C is a joke, we should be playing a second Annihilation game, so we have 2 of those and 3 Obj missions...but it isn't up to me.  Not least because without a central point to defend, my Eldar are able to wheel freely and flit about any quarter of the table - giving me a huge potential advantage in KP missions (even though I have 15 to offer up to people, some very easily)...but maybe this is just because I know how to play these missions, and don't whine like the internet.

That's right, internet - Kill Points are nowhere near as unbalanced, one-sided and poorly designed as Capture and Control.  Get over it.

Anyway, yeah.  To be fair, having a 3 Obj (fixed) Seize Ground seems a deliberate move to benefit Orks/Nids/similarly immobile armies, that I feel unnecessary/undesirable.  However, that mission is over, and I will discuss it more at the time for that.  Time to go have breakfast!

4 comments:

Kriswithak said...

People whine and moan about KP's when they play MSU armies. Its actually a reasonably balanced system.

Of course apparently the new most powerful armies shouldn't be in any way disadvantaged by the way people choose to build their lists.
That should only apply to old codexes right? People too stupid to build a new army each time one is released. (sarcasm present in this paragraph)

The real irony is that because its all the 'leet/pro' players complaining (the msu armies ones remember) no ones willing to tell them to grow a pair to their face.

Unknown said...

"How many litres of coffee can one safely drink?"

Depending on your metabolism and body weight I would say stick to under 40 litres and you will be fine (provided you can consume this in under an hour).

Good luck with the games!

TheKing Elessar said...

lol - thanks for coffee info. I actually had tea instead, and that worked out ok - less than 3 litres in the end.

As for luck? No, I had virtually none of that yesterday.

If I even GOT a Pen on stuff, typically I was rolling a 1. Two turns I failed a Psychic Hood roll off all three times.

My S10 AP1 Prism shooting literally hit twice from 6 shots, and failed to pen AV13 either time. Twin-Linked, as I'm sure you know.

Unknown said...

I actually prefer tea to coffee too these days. It's a bad habbit I picked up in England...

As for your luck, well it's too bad, I hate it when that happens but it's inevitable. Just very frustrating when it happens at a tournament. Like last weekend I failed 4 out of 5 of the psychic test for my PBS on a (sort of) tournament game. What can you do? :(

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?