Friday 7 October 2011

Armies In Focus: My Blood Angels (2k) Part One - The List

This is the beginning of a series of articles to discuss various army lists that I (and hopefully others) field, and why certain choices were made in favour of certain others, what I aim to do with x, y and z units, etc etc.

To begin with, I shall breakdown the army list itself:


HQ:
Librarian;
Infernus Pistol, Shield of Sanguinius, Sanguine Sword - 115

Librarian;
Infernus Pistol, Shield of Sanguinius, Sanguine Sword - 115

ELITES:
Sanguinary Priest;
Power Weapon - 65
Sanguinary Priest;
Power Weapon - 65

TROOPS:
Assault Squad;
Meltagun, Razorback [Las/Plas, Dozer Blade] - 170

Assault Squad;
Meltagun, Razorback [Las/Plas, Dozer Blade] - 170

Assault Squad;
Meltagun, Razorback [Las/Plas, Dozer Blade] - 170

Assault Squad;
Meltagun, Razorback [Las/Plas, Dozer Blade] - 170

Assault Squad;
Meltagun, Razorback [Heavy Flamer, Dozer Blade] - 135

FAST ATTACK:
Land Speeder Squadron;
2 Multi-Melta/Heavy Flamer - 140

Land Speeder Squadron;
2 Multi-Melta/Heavy Flamer - 140

Land Speeder Squadron;
2 Multi-Melta/Heavy Flamer - 140

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Predator;
Autocannon, Lascannons - 135

Predator;
Autocannon, Lascannons - 135

Predator;
Autocannon, Lascannons - 135

TOTAL: 2000

Talking about the list holistically, we can hopefully all see how it functions on a basic level.

The Predators provide a lot of ranged support, with a bit of mobility.
Razors (mostly) provide ranged support as they close (which can be later than most, due to Fast) and obviously at mid and close range they become even better.
Libbies and Priests fulfil a support role, boosting my CC prowess, and granting Cover too.
Speeders provide a solid mid-range anti-transport or close anti-tank role, with the ability to give things like Kroot, Harker and SM Scouts the shits too.
Squads are able to provide a reasonable facsimile of either - and with a Priest should beat up on most other MSU units without TOO much trouble.

 - I think that kinda does it for Part One tbh.  The other ones will discuss in more detail the individual selections of the FoC, so will be shorter, really, explaining why I took 3 AutoLas isn't much more than a line or two! Lol! ...I'll find a way to stretch it out, I always do. ;-)








4 comments:

Unknown said...

Why have your Priests got power weaps for dude?

Gonewild40k said...

It looks as though you allow your priests to participate in combat(?). I have a bad habit of getting mine killed when I do so.

Out of curiosity, why the Infernus on your libbys'?

TheKing Elessar said...

Now guys - you know I'll not answer that in this thread, right? :p

Thank you for the questions - they will help to focus, and thus to speed up the prep of, the subsequent articles.

Both questions will, of course, be answered in their respective article. HQ is next, as I progress through the list as I have it written. :)

Death Korps of War said...

He rarely evacuates the Rhinos, unless he's forced out of them, or is being very stupid (this only happened once though. He forgot that the Infernus Pistol only had 6" range)

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?