Thursday 8 December 2011

Very Brief Idea...

Orks, right.  Their problems largely stem from the fact that they can fill their FoC for a stupidly low number of points, and even when they don't try, they still find it far too easy to fill.

Those of you familiar with Sid Meier's Civilization games will know of the Infinite City Sprawl, and I'm sure plenty of other strategy games feature the same idea...

So, my idea, is the Infinite Shitty Sprawl.

For every 2 Troops choices the Ork player takes, he can choose a single non-Troop above his allowance (ie, elite, FA, HS NOT HQ) and for every non-Troop he takes (including these bonus ones) he may take an additional Troops choice.

Thoughts??

3 comments:

ItsPug said...

Might get a bit confusing, why not do it like
Special Rule: Green Tide
For every 2 full squads you take with the Green tide rule you may take an additional troops choice. This bonus squad does not use up a FOC chart but is otherwise considered a normal selection from the relevant FOC. ie 2 30 strong boyz squads allows you to take another boyz squad (which counts as troops, so scoring) without using up a FOC slot

You will need an extra type of troops squad though - trukk boyz (max 12) + trukk, so that you can do speed freeks.

You give this rule to basically any non vehicle, non-hq squad and there you go - you could end up with 3 squads of lootas, 3 squads of warbikers, 3 squads of flash gitz and 10 squads of boyz.

Speed freaks special character makes warbikers troops, so you can take multiple squads of those, Warboss and Mek make one squad troops, so no nob armies or dread mobz

TheKing Elessar said...

Why no Dread Mobs? I mean, I can (kinda) understand the desire not to have armies of Nobs, even though I disagree...but Dreads don't even Score. Lol

ItsPug said...

'cause not many people who play orks use them for taking objectives, they use them as (barely)guided missiles against enemy units and contesting objectives, and use grots for scoring. Dreads not scoring won't make much of a difference if they get across the board along with a couple of kans.

You'd end up with about 9 dreads, 9 kans, 9 buggies, a mek (or two) with a KFF, and a squad of gretchin in reserve.

Maybe its just me but I'd like to see actual orks being taken in an ork list...

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?