Monday 20 February 2012

Assault on Arkham: Spring Slaughter 2012

Arkham are not one to wait around, they're already advertising the next tournament here...

For those of you too lazy to follow the link...


Arkham Gaming Centre is proud to host this Warhammer 40K tournament, run in conjunction with Jonny Fisher. This 2 day ranking 1850 point tournament will allow the best 40K players in Ireland North & South to make war across the tabletop.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Tickets cost £20, and include;


Tournament entry

Unlimited tea, coffee & bottled water
Occasional snacks

The ticket does not include lunch. Orders for lunch will be taken each morning and brought to the centre. Players can bring their own lunch and/or snacks if preferred. Soft drinks and snacks are also available to purchase at the centre.




Tickets for our last tournament sold out 8 weeks in advance, so don't miss out!


Alcohol is permitted, but we ask that players refrain from falling over during play.


The centre opens at 9am on Sat 19/5/12, with the first game starting at 10am.


The tournament will close with a prize-giving ceremony at 6pm on Sun 20/5/12.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


There will be spot prizes given out, as well as the following fixed prizes;


1st place: Trophy, £80 gift voucher & 1 year club membership


2nd place: £50 gift voucher & 6 month club membership


3rd place: £25 gift voucher & 6 month club membership


Best painted army: £10 gift voucher


Player's choice award for best sportsman: £10 gift voucher



No tournament pack yet, but its just a matter of time.

6 comments:

DaleF said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheKing Elessar said...

Dunno yet to be honest Dale. Going to buy a ticket, I think, and try to get it off work...If I can't, I'll let you know.

Death Korps of War said...

Thanks again for getting mine.

Be a shame if you couldnt go. It'd be your only real chance to table me, since i wont let you do it any other way...lol

TheKing Elessar said...

Hah, we'll see.... ;)

DaleF said...

No idea how I managed to delete my comment there, the usual joys of Blogger just I suppose. What did you think of Winter of War?
http://smodcast.com/channels/hollywood-babble-on/ That's a link to the podcast we had on in the car aswell.

TheKing Elessar said...

Well, I enjoyed myself, and was delighted to finished up 7 places after game 5, really didn't think I'd effect such a swing, well as it went.

A more full report of my games is forthcoming, so I don't want to spoil it for those who weren't there. :)

As for the link, thanks! I used to listen to podcasts all the time, but then Russell Brand and Jon Richardson's shows went off the air, and I ended up bereft, shall be nice to return to those ways...

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?