Tuesday 14 February 2012

So, I'm going with Tau...

...For this weekend's tournament at Arkham Gaming Centre.

I submitted my list about half an hour before the deadline, and it reads as follows:



HQ1:
Commander
Plasma + Missile Pod, Multi-Tracker  - 87

Elites 1:
Crisis Team;
3 Fireknife - 186
Elite 2:
Crisis Team;
3 Deathrain, Blacksun Filters - 138
Elite 3:
Crisis Team;
3 Deathrain, Blacksun Filters - 138

Troops 1:
Fire Warriors - 60
In Transport 1
Troops 2:
6 Fire Warriors - 60
Troops 3:
10 Kroot + 1 Hounds - 76
Troops 4:
10 Kroot + 3 Hounds - 88

Fast Attack 1:
Piranha; Fusion Blaster, - 70
Fast Attack 2:
Piranha; Fusion Blaster, - 70
Fast Attack 3:
6 Pathfinders - 72
In Transport 2

Heavy Support 1:
Hammerhead - SMS, Ion cannon, Disruption Pod - 130
Heavy Support 2:
3 Broadsides - Advanced Stabilisation System, SMS - 240
Heavy Support 3:
3 Broadsides - Target Locks, SMS - 225


Transport 1:
Devilfish; Disruption Pod, SMS - 105
Transport 2:
Devilfish; SMS, Disruption Pod - 105

TOTAL: 1850


Complete with stupid formatting, necessitated by my lack of time, and copy/pasting from Heresy Online.  Honestly, I'm not entirely sure how to go about fixing it so it doesn't end up looking crap, although probably using Notepad as a stopover between HO and email would've worked.  Oh well.

I'd have liked better to drop the 2 Hounds than the Targetting Arrays on the Piranhas, but it simply wasn't possible.  Much to my consternation, I cannot find the Pathfinders I converted from Fire Warriors last year to use those. :(

Equally importantly, if you check the list above, it omits the Disruption Pods I purchased for the Piranhas.  You can see yourselves the points have been paid, so at least that's something.  :-/

One of these days I'll get to go to a tournament with my first choice army, all the correct models and accessories, my own Codex, and without getting models for it at stupidly short notice.  Some day...

4 comments:

Widthofacircle said...

I am a fan of that Tau list Tke. I would prefer more Fireknifes, but that's because my local group has loads of BA jumpers armies.

Good luck!

Duce said...

How are you thinking of coping with necrons and if they have night fight?

Suppose may as well ask plans for facing GK/SW since they seem to be the main armies appearing with a sprinkling of Blood angels.

TheKing Elessar said...

Necrons could be an issue, assuredly - but depends how many Solar Pulses, and which mission. Certainly Railguns can eat face, particularly on their supposedly great Quantom Shielding, and you've gotta remember I have a lot of re-roll distance or ignore NF entirely weapons.

GK/SW/BA - all use Razors which I can destroy as easily as each other, or Chimeras, which is like fighting IG.

Not saying it's easy, because that'd be silly - but I know WHAT to do, it's simply a matter of doing it correctly, and not rolling like I've never seen a dice before.

Stormy said...

There are lots of SW going to Arkham this time around aren't there? You might need to keep any eye out for Wolf Scouts getting stuck into your Broadsides while remember to dick over anyone that has TWC by plonking objectives up high on ruins.

As for Newcrons: you have lots of BS Filters on the Crisis Suits but I wonder if you'd need them more on the Broadsides to make use of those lovely S10 AP1 guns.

BTW: Fireknife & Deathrain. The former is Plasma/Pod and the latter is?

GK: You can do very well against them. Psybolt ammo doesn't really worry Broadsides who are the ones that will do most of the damage (bagging Dreads easily before shifting to Razors unless there are Ravens about). You're not worried about Sanctuary (when will you ever assault) and Fortitude is sort of negated by AP1 making stunned/shaken results more unlikely (sort of).

Finally, don't forget that your suits are S5 in combat and can do a number on car parks when they multi-charge. Good luck.

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?