Monday 24 October 2011

Grrr Comp

I've been recently invited to a comp-heavy 1K (yeah I know) game day organised by my local club.


The rules are very tight, and mean I can't duplicate any units (doh) or I will be points adjusted down into the ground. I have decided to run my DE, as mechdar are terrible at anything below 1.5K points.

I will be running this:

Archon w/ Blast Pistol & Venom Blade
3 Kabalite Trueborn w/ 2 Blasters
Mounted in A Venom w/ Dual Splinter Cannons
5 Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster
Mounted in A Venom w/ Dual Splinter Cannons
10 Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster, Dark Lance
Mounted in A Raider w/ Splinter Racks, Disintegrator and Flickerfield
9 Wyches w/ Shardnet & Impaler
Mounted in A Raider w/ Dark Lance and Flickerfield
5 Scourges w/ 2 Heat Lances
Razorwing Jetfighter w/ Splinter Cannon & 4 Monoscythe Missiles

I mean, it's far from perfect, but it should be entertaining to run.... right?

Any suggestions how I can make this work better or even any better ideas?

I might swap out the Blaster Trueborn for more Scourges, but this time armed with Haywire Blasters...

Grr, Comp....

4 comments:

ItsPug said...

Have you got a link to the comp matrix?

Widthofacircle said...

It's on paper so I can't link it- but basically:

Start at 15pts No excessive duplication of units where possible - losing -2pts for each duplication one. Lists that are lower than 10pts aren't useable.

Also, min sized units are -1pt to the scale.

ItsPug said...

why not just say starts with 5 points? why 15 and can't go below 10?

Dunno about DE but my IG would look like this...

CCS, 4 meltas, chimera 145
PCS, 4 meltas, chimera 125
Inf Sqd, Autocannon, Chimera, 115
Inf Sqd, Autocannon, Chimera, 115
Veterans, 3 melta, demolitions 130
Vendetta, Heavy Bolters 140
2 Scout Sentinels, Autocannons 80
2 Hydras 150

Total 1000 Comp 15
7 AV 12 vehicles, 2 AV 10, 40 infantry.

Good luck anyway.

AbusePuppy said...

Archon feels like a bit of an investment for very little- no Shadow Field, etc, means he's really not all that useful. I would bring a Haemo instead, which also lets you bring Wracks to avoid duplicates. Something like

1 Haemo (Liquifier)
5 Trueborn (2 Blasters; Venom w/SC)
5 Warriors (Blaster; Venom w/SC)
5 Wracks (Liquifier; Venom w/SC)
10 Warriors (Blaster, SC; Raider w/Flicker, Shock)
9 Wyches (Shard, Haywire; Raider w/Flicker, Shock)
1 Razorwing (Flicker)

Hmmmm. Maybe a bit light on AT there, swap a Venom for a Raider somewhere? You have three mobile units that can shoot Blasters at stuff, the Razorwing and two Raiders to do some extra shooting, and Wyches to hold up something annoying in assault or freeze parking lots. I feel like this could still be done better, but I think the basic idea works.

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?