Monday 17 October 2011

Monday Day Hobby Day, as I believe the saying goes...

So, today, I had some plans to proceed with my ongoing modelling projects, and basically build some toy souljers.



That hasn't truly happened as much as I planned - but it never does.  We've discussed my general laziness a couple times before, so no point going into it again.

That said, I've done some work, and I'll be happy with that progress.  Basing a squad is poor in terms of volume of work, but it's doing something, and that's always better than doing nothing - or simply playing the Xbox all day.  Stupid sexy ergonomic controllers!

Thanks to everyone's favourite Industrialist, I now have a colour scheme strategy - and this will help me get my army painted much-fold...once I order some of the recommended red primer.  It's ironic that I partly moved to Blood Angels because of my frustrations in painting yellow, only for red to be basically the same shit all over again.  It's like being bored of punching myself in the stomach, and taking a swing at my dick.  All the same, it's what I chose to do, so no complaints.

I have received some very interesting reading material from Mike Brandt that I will be going over before swinging the Creativity Bat in the direction of Width to 'help' him to write further Eldar stuffs.  In fact, I might dig out the Encouragement Prod while we're on the subject... ;-)  60 Volts is always good motivation, in my experience...

Right, am off to tidy up some sprues and that, hopefully condensing my collection into a smaller and smaller pile, and eventually feeling again like I can buy stuff without it making the weight of unbuilt models in my room exceed my own (admittedly, I am pretty svelte, a more appropriate comparison would be my taller, slightly more rotund housemate...[luckily, he doesn't read the blog...])

A picture, to finish.
  Oh, how I lol'd.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Monday Day Hobby Day!

Widthofacircle said...

That hurt.... :(

Anyway today I drafted Wraithguard, Pathfinders, Banshees, Scorpions and Warlocks....

Surely that was enough...?

Haha, I must strive harder.

TheKing Elessar said...

Hahaha, it was funny to type, and inter-author commentary is always fun to read on blogs. :P

BroLo, you still owe me at least one article... ;)

Widthofacircle said...

I knows, did you see the pics that Brent posted of his hobby stuff? Hopefully, i never get to that stage.

it was that bad when i had the elysians though. 7 Valkys took up a hellalotof space.

Anonymous said...

I'm still writing it...

TheKing Elessar said...

Yeah, alas, or perhaps it's good - my collection is significantly more compact. Pity though, in that I'd love to Mayhem it up...

Disclaimer.

Primarily, a blog to discuss the Games Workshop system Warhammer 40k, though not exclusively so. All GW IP used without permission, no challenge intended.

Pretty much everything here is my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcomed to say so. If you don't like me, but like my opinion, feel free to say so. If you don't like me or my opinion, I don't need to hear it. Why even visit?